Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What options do I have? (No offer)

• 26-08-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I got no offer from the CAO(150pts) and I haven't spoken to any colleges about FETAC or PLC. Is there any way that I could apply for a PLC or FETAC course this year? Is my only option for this year to repeat school, or do I have the choice to apply for PLC/FETAC later this year and get into a course next year(without going to school.)?

I'm writing this for a friend, just to get confirmation. I'm pretty sure that the application dates for PLC and FETAC are waaaay overdue, and that his best option is to repeat school while subsequently applying for PLC and FETAC. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

aquse wrote: »
    I got no offer from the CAO(150pts) and I haven't spoken to any colleges about FETAC or PLC. Is there any way that I could apply for a PLC or FETAC course this year? Is my only option for this year to repeat school, or do I have the choice to apply for PLC/FETAC later this year and get into a course next year(without going to school.)?

I'm writing this for a friend, just to get confirmation. I'm pretty sure that the application dates for PLC and FETAC are waaaay overdue, and that his best option is to repeat school while subsequently applying for PLC and FETAC. Is that correct?

Thanks.

If he is interested in business there are some vacant places on the cao website he should get into them
    http://www.cao.ie/courses/vpl_courses.php

A PLC would be a good option,90% of fetac colleges are still recruiting,In fact I rang my local college today and got a spot on the most popular course..

what part of the country are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

kcera wrote: »
    If he is interested in business there are some vacant places on the cao website he should get into them
    http://www.cao.ie/courses/vpl_courses.php

A PLC would be a good option,90% of fetac colleges are still recruiting,In fact I rang my local college today and got a spot on the most popular course..

what part of the country are you from?

Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Dublin.

He should still get a PLC,although maybe not the sports ones..
    If he was to repeat there are some repeat schools such as Plunket college,O Connel school and rathmines,These are all cheaper options..

Then theres the private schools,The institute,ashfield etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Thanks.

Lots of PLC courses will still be enrolling. Lots of students don't know what to do after the LC or had planned to go to college and it didn't work out. Figure out what area you are interested in studying, look up the PLC colleges in Dublin (or wherever you are willing to travel to) and start ringing them to see who is still taking applications.

I'm a PLC co-ordinator myself, in the west of Ireland and we are having an enrolment day on Friday. Most PLC courses will probably start in the next week or two, so make it a priority tomorrow/Friday.

Other options: repeat, apply for vacant places on the CAO or go working/travelling.

Advertisement