Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag location ideas in Ireland

Options
  • 26-08-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi folks

In the midst of trying to organize my brothers stag for next Feb... Weekend picked out an all, spotted ire v eng and for v wales on the same weekend in the 6 nation's the last weekend of Feb!

I've been on a fair few stags the last few years (kenmare, lahinch, Kilkenny, Dingle, Killarney, galway city, cork , wexford to name a few) so wouldn't mind trying some place different!

The brother is looking to keep away from the typical stag capitals such as Dublin, kilarney, carrick, galway etc...
    ... Just a spot where 20 if us can go have a good few drinks, some activity on the sat, watch the rugby and head to some pubs/club.

Thinking somewhere in Munster or Connaght 😊

Any ideas??

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For info on Munster or Connaught - you'd be better asking in the South, Midwest or West forums.

There's also the Gift, Festivity & Party Ideas forum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Not in Ireland..but close enough..and amazing place....LIVERPOOL !!
    Can get there on the cheap too, Great place for a weekend ! always buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

One of the tourism sites has a festival calendar for the country (can't remember which but it shouldn't be too hard to find). There is generally something on every weekend somewhere from the normal to the ridiculous. Have a check to see does anything fall on your date, you could do worse than finding yourself at some matchmaking festival or a ginger convention or something in the back of beyond.

Outside of that, Belmullet is not a bad spot. Its not a typical stag spot, plenty of watering holes, a night club, carne golf course, coasteering, clay pidgeon shooting, surfing, boat trips etc. Few hotels in the town and most likely short term house rental aswell. Enough to keep a few lads going.

Its pretty much as connaght as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Sligo & Westport missing from your lists.

Trains to both.

Up North?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Limerick is a great spot too for stags and hens, and since it's rugby weekend you are going no better place than Peter Clohessys bar and sin bin, and if memory serves they have a night club too. We went horse racing too which was good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Limerick or Sligo depending what part of Kildare you are starting out from.

I booked my mates stag in the Glasshouse Hotel in Sligo. Right in the middle of the town and the pubs, no messing with taxis, lads had freedom to come and go as they liked.

Wherever you go I recommend being in the centre of town, not a taxi ride away. By the time you've paid for a couple of taxis you'll make up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Coopaloop wrote:
    Limerick is a great spot too for stags and hens, and since it's rugby weekend you are going no better place than Peter Clohessys bar and sin bin, and if memory serves they have a night club too. We went horse racing too which was good fun.

Clohessy's and Sin Bin closed late last year I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

SQ2 wrote: »
    Clohessy's and Sin Bin closed late last year I believe

No way!!! That's a pity. Was a good spot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

Portarlington

Carrick-on-Suir

Tipperary town

Edenderry

Kilrush

all good spots with friendly locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The exchange rate is a big negative for cross border or England jollys nowadays.

Carrick-on-Shannon or Westport would be my two recommendations, both have loads of accomodation options and loads of nightlife.

The stag packages for Carrick are good craic to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Sure on the topic of stags, I might as well ask, how would you organise the obligatory stripper in Ireland? Would certain pubs allow you to bring one in for the performance or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Only if you've got a function room booked I would say. Is it obligatory though?

If you're going to a city you'll have the option to go to a strip club (esp in Germany / Eastern Europe) but the only time I've ever heard of anyone getting one for an Irish do was at a hen party!

Advertisement