Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help , any advice welcome prefferably PM me

Options
  • 27-08-2015 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey, 17 year old here with no third language going into my final year in second level and trying to find a degree in a respectable college (in dublin preferably) to get a job that would pay €60000+ and i could travel with. alot to ask i know but i'm not 100% sure what i want to do yet and am open to suggestions , current college students to graduates , anybody ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How soon do you think someone should pay you 60k?

Would it be a problem for you to despise what you worked at, as long as you made money?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dailydaredevil

spurious wrote:
    How soon do you think someone should pay you 60k?

spurious wrote:
    Would it be a problem for you to despise what you worked at, as long as you made money?

after the first 3/4 years prefferably but that is ideal , after 4-6 years definately expecting to be getting 60k well , depends what kind of jobs do you have in mind?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I can't think of any jobs (non criminal) that would pay someone 60k 3 or even 6 years after starting.

None of the traditional 'high paying' jobs would come close to those sort of figures that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Software development or sales. Sales is easy money.

sales?i have no language so i cant do a business degree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

software sales.

what would that intale?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

the sale of software

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Daily, if you can't find something that you love, then find something that you can tolerate that will also make you money.

Many people find that their passion during a third level course doesn't translate into workable income in the real world, so they end up doing something like a masters conversion in computer science.

I'm not saying do computer science, but I am saying that unless you plan on becoming a lecturer (In other words, going for a PHD and applying to colleges/universities), that going for a philosophy/gender studies degree is going to be a waste of three/four years if your life that could have been spent doing something realistic like business, STEM, archaeology or just something that can be described easily as an occupation.

For what it's worth, I did software development and had to do some travelling. It wasn't in Dublin though, so my pay was half of what you mentioned. I'm in Dublin now though, so am expecting more. If you want that experience, do some kind of software development and apply to small software companies.

Advertisement