Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could that explain the change on earth's magnetic poles?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aisha2311

Wow that's amazing , I definitely think it could give some insight but more than likely it'll lead to a discovery of something we would have never predicted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Interesting dynamics to see in a zero G/friction environment but it's standard gyroscopic and centrifugal behavior. The spin isn't exactly perpendicular through the bit that connected to the panel and goes further and further off centre. It reaches a point where one force exceeds the other and it flips. Someone else might be able to explain in the real physical terms, it's been a few years since I took a mechanics module...

Edit: actually I kinda get where you're going with the earth's magnetic field flipping.

Advertisement