Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Pay

Options
  • 27-08-2015 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have recently taken on a part time worker and am trying to calculate their holiday entitlement. Do you include Bank holidays in the total hours worked when calculating the 8% i.e. in the month of august they were paid 3 hours for a bank holiday they were rostered on , they were paid 19 hours worked and 10 hours holiday pay. Is there entitlement 8% of 29 Hours or 32 Hours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ciarrioch

Murphj960 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have recently taken on a part time worker and am trying to calculate their holiday entitlement. Do you include Bank holidays in the total hours worked when calculating the 8% i.e. in the month of august they were paid 3 hours for a bank holiday they were rostered on , they were paid 19 hours worked and 10 hours holiday pay. Is there entitlement 8% of 29 Hours or 32 Hours

The 8% is calculated on worked hours. Public holiday is paid for if person has worked 40hours in the previous 5 weeks. Add the p\hol hours entitlement (pro rata) after adding up worked hard and hol pay.

Advertisement