Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock cakes

Options
  • 27-08-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

A staple of my childhood, rock cakes don't seem to be available commerically anymore, losing space to the dreaded fruit scone. I did a quick search for recipes online, and odlums popped up but looking for recommendations...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I make rock cakes a lot, we prefer them to scones in our house. I use a recipe I found on Delia Smith's website - it's not one of her recipes, it's in Community Recipes.

http://www.deliaonline.com/community/yourrecipes/baking/Rock-cakes.html

I usually double up on the quantities because unlike scones they stay fresh for a few days, and they're small so one is never enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

corblimey wrote: »
    A staple of my childhood, rock cakes don't seem to be available commerically anymore, losing space to the dreaded fruit scone. I did a quick search for recipes online, and odlums popped up but looking for recommendations...

I often find them in my local Super Valu, love them!

Advertisement