Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre 1952 adoptions & Dept of Local Government

Options
  • 27-08-2015 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to trace my grandmother's BM (my great grandmother).

I have my grandmother's original birth cert so I know her BM's name but that's all I have. And it's a fairly common name...

I have received some documentation from the AIRR project from the Dept of Health & Children in respect of my grandmother. I had assumed Nan went from Loughlinstown Hospital to her initial boarding family immediately after birth. According to the Minutes of the Rathdown Board, she was 10 months old and had been in the hospital since birth.

My question is - has anyone had any joy getting info from the Dept of Local Government regarding the people who took in boarded out children?

All and any help / pointers is most appreciated!

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement