Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 TB USB Hard Drive with XBOX 360

Options
  • 27-08-2015 11:00am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friend in work had an issue with her kids xbox 360, they bought a 2tb usb hard drive which isn't being read correctly. I had a quick look online, but i'm still not sure whether I have it right. I presume there are limitations in regard to partition size and file structure, but can't seem to get it right. What's the recommended way to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If it's a new Hard Drive, they should just let the 360 format it first before saving anything to it and then it should work.

Also, if they haven't connected to Xbox Live recently (in the last year or so) it could be that they are missing the firmware update that supports 2TB external drives instead of only 16GB.

Advertisement