Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derelict Boarded House

Options
  • 27-08-2015 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Is there any way to find out what is the status on an old derelict house that is boarded up from what I can tell it is still owner by someone its on the belgard Road Tallaght and is next to the fire station I would just like to know the situation on it as in will it ever go up for sale as its a project I would be interested in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Land registry maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Maybe download the folio for 5 euro here - https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap.aspx/

The folio will list current and previous owner who could be contacted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Pac2015

Lux23 wrote: »
    Land registry maybe?

Yeah I was thinking that my sister can look that up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There may not be a folio registered, it has been derelict for quite some time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF its empty more than 10 years the council can take ownership of it,
    and even knock it down.
    the owner may have passed away, or left the country ,years ago .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Surprised it hasn't been knocked yet, as permission to knock it has been granted; http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SD10A/0278

Details of Application:SD10A/0278
    Demolition of the existing unoccupied two storey dwelling house to the southeast of the fire station on Belgard Road

• Registered Users Posts: 82,720 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems like theft, what happens if the rightful owner comes back in a years time to find their house leveled? I know with dormant accounts your money is always there for you should you come looking for it, this seems insane that your house can be stolen and destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seems like theft, what happens if the rightful owner comes back in a years time to find their house leveled? I know with dormant accounts your money is always there for you should you come looking for it, this seems insane that your house can be stolen and destroyed.

There is a complicated process involved. Derelict Sites Act I believe.

My local library was built on a site siezed after non payment of fines and costs for failure to maintain a derelict building

jon1981 wrote: »
    Maybe download the folio for 5 euro here

The folio will list current and previous owner who could be contacted?

Thanks I will do that today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The law is if you leave a house empty ,for ten years ,
    it can be classed as abandoned ,derelict
    and knocked down by the council .
    I know a house empty for 20 years ,was knocked down ,
    a 100 ft apartment block was built on it by the council .
    Buildings have to be maintained .

• Advertisement

Thanks so its a done deal from what I can tell the farm house across the road owns it or did own it and possibly sold it to the council they are still a working farm and also live there.

Advertisement