Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

More casual bike gear

• 27-08-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Riding about six weeks now and love it.

The only minor hassle is the gear - my textiles are comfy enough but they kinda hinder meeting people or doing anything if I'm biking. For example, attending a conference after work tomorrow. It's either tramp in in the textiles, or else change outfit again.

So I'm thinking of getting some casual bike gear for those occasions. Probably jeans, leather jacket and boots that will look ok as street wear too.

Thinking of the following:

Richa Leather Jacket

Richa Kevlar Jeans

TCX X-Blend Waterproof Boots

Also considering getting a back protector like THIS.

Would appreciate any and all feedback though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 aido43

Got a pair of Richa Jeans for around 125Eu from Cotters recently--no problems so far. Im a 36W and they are snug and very warm.Come with Knee protectors and are Kevlar lined.Im happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would opt for the Knox Ageis back protector over the force field one, much more flexible when riding. One of the lads off here was looking at them before ending up with the Knox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would opt for the Knox Ageis back protector over the force field one, much more flexible when riding. One of the lads off here was looking at them before ending up with the Knox.

Cheers!

I'm guessing the back protector will need to be worn separately, and can't be put into the back pocket of a jacket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

That's a really nice jacket.. putting it on my win the lotto - buy everything, list.

That's a really nice jacket.. putting it on my win the lotto - buy everything, list.

Seriously nice, isn't it? :)
    Just looks cool as fuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The ninja turtle type back protectors won't fit in the jacket you can get other types that fit into a pocket in the jacket.
    Supershield or Rukka D30 would be two that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

batman-motorcycle-suit.jpg

black-batman-motorcycle-helmet-3.jpg

batman-helmet-with-full-suit.png

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Really like that jacket too. Thinking of getting that jackets, boots and jeans myself now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    batman-motorcycle-suit.jpg

black-batman-motorcycle-helmet-3.jpg

batman-helmet-with-full-suit.png

:pac::pac::pac:

Jaysus Id say you would hear him squeaking up the road quicker then hear the bike FFS!

rat_race wrote: »
    Really like that jacket too. Thinking of getting that jackets, boots and jeans myself now...

New Career: Fashion guide for bikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

Was looking at this one in Lees in Cork last week if you are looking for casual, had padding in shoulders and elbows.
    http://www.leehondacentre.com/#!product/prd1/4114344311/richa-boston

Advertisement