Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Dublin - advice on transport and where to live please

Options
2»

Comments

I spent some time in a friend's apartment near the storehouse, never noticed the smell myself, and I hate the smell of breweries!

The trams do get packed in like tins of sardines! But then, so do many bus routes. The Darts I have never seen at the same level as the tubes in London, but the Luas I definitely have, and not just at rush hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

melodies wrote: »
    PS My budget is around 400 to 500 in a shared house.

"interesting accents, and friendly working class people" - I from Sandymount one morning along back roads in to town and I stopped to put on some lip balm. A little old women spotted me and started up some banter and told me the benefits of glycerin and rosewater ... with a proper Dublin accent, though I haven't a clue whether working or middle class. Have to say it was music to my ears and reminded me of the wittiness of cockney girls in London.

+1 not quiet as cutting as the Glaswegians but they can still be very nice/funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

melodies wrote: »
    Thanks everyone - all useful stuff (even the bit about the scantily clad young ladies lol - though that won't bother me too much as I'm a lady too)

Can you hear the M50 from Charles town?
    Is 500pcm plus 20 bills ok would you think for Charles town?

Saw a place beside the guinness storehouse yesterday for 450pcm plus 50 bills. It would be great for walking to/from town and to/from phoenix park but does guinness factory get a bit stinky at times (and problem when the wind changes?).

If the apartment is near to the shopping center you won't hear it at all. However there are parts of the area you can I suspect. The complex Mayeston Hall is very close to the motorway, I wouldn't fancy being that close.

500pcm is good for the area, I know of people paying 1200 for a 2 bed locally so 500 is good.

Edit- I should add a 9 screen cinema next to the shopping center is due to open in October, should be a good addition to the area

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Coming home on the dart can be intimidating depending what you're used to,

Are you joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

cgcsb wrote: »
    Are you joking?

He was, and badly at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

cgcsb wrote: »
    Are you joking?

Trolling more likely.