Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc RKP1 Comm fault

Options
  • 27-08-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Just got an sms with this in it! What could it mean? Hkc 10/70 thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A comms fault between the panel and keypad 1.
    Could be just a power surge or spike. I have always found the comms bus flakey at times on HKC systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

There's an issue between the keypad and panel cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

Evolution1 wrote: »
    There's an issue between the keypad and panel cable.

This has been installed like this for a while now. What could happen to the cable if its Undisterbed in the wall? Would it be the keypad or panel itself? This has only happened once and not since.... Thanks for the help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have done no work etc around the house this is more likely caused a power surge or spiking. As I said, I have found the HKC comms bus very unforgiving with things like this over the years?
    Is this fault remaining on the screen? If so, double check the connections at the keypad & at the panel.Power down the panel completely and power up again after 1 minute.
    Have you any other powered or data devices? Extra Keypads? Expanders? Point ID devices.
    Also check the battery voltage & try leaving that off when you power it back up.
    Any voltage drop can cause comms issues with HKC panels also?

Advertisement