Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using the new ID mobile network?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

This thread helped me make up my mind not to move to ID. Thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I m two weeks with meteor after being with id.meteor are streets ahead.4g speed, calls,everything is way better.imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 radodroma

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i took up the 14.50 a month contract for six months with ID.im on it two months at this stage and while everything else is fine its coverage is a joke and not in the way you might think.
    if i go out of coverage it goes to roaming(which your not charged for)but if you have been on 4g, it stops and when you go back into coverage you have to go into your settings, network operators, search for network,wait for it to find it,all just to get back on 4g again.......EVERYTIME! because it stays on roaming if you dont.
    this has been a right pain in the ass,i called them about it and they said its something there looking at fixing in the future,its apparently because they piggy back on the three network.
    well im finishing this contract and im leaving them.id rather have no 4g than put up with this rubbish.

OMG I told that it was the fact that I've bought one of those Chinese phones...I've moved from Vodafone 800Mhz for 4G only, not supported by my phone to ID and 2 days into it I feel sorry. EVERYTIME I have to select the network manually and then 30-40 min later E with small "R" for roaming. Disaster! I'm going to cut my losses and move to Meteor tomorrow.
    It is scandalous that this network is still allowed to operate in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭jsd1004

radodroma wrote: »
    OMG I told that it was the fact that I've bought one of those Chinese phones...I've moved from Vodafone 800Mhz for 4G only, not supported by my phone to ID and 2 days into it I feel sorry. EVERYTIME I have to select the network manually and then 30-40 min later E with small "R" for roaming. Disaster! I'm going to cut my losses and move to Meteor tomorrow.
    It is scandalous that this network is still allowed to operate in Ireland!

I have been using them for a year. Never had to contact customer service so cant complain. Internet seems fine, calls fine, I roam a lot and seems cheap for data but i guess that is the new EU cap on roaming. No complaints really. Cheap out. I live in a city and have wifi at home. I guess if you live in the country they might not be suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

I've been with them a couple of months now on a 30 day contract 50% off for 6 months. Two problems I have found are there is no webtext facility and they do not provide an outgoing smtp server so setting up any email other than a gmail address is very difficult. Neither are showstoppers but it shows how little they are putting into it. I will probably move after the 6 months offer is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fintaneduffy

jnicolau wrote: »
    Yesterday I gave up on my iD mobile. When I was going to topup I found out that there was no online payment... This would be like going backwards many years. When I asked them the answer was "It will be available down the line". Does that mean 1 month? 1 year? never? It means that they want no commitments with their clients.

quote from 9-10-2016.

there is still no option to top up online, told today by staff it is coming "down the line" it must be a very long line......

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dickseaman7

my friends used it but very poor and was 15 euro for a sim card and 15 credit, that was only 2 weeks, now they are charging 17 euro, 2 euro extra for the sim card so not much cop, tescomobile are better value, coverage wise too and they offer unlimited calls for 15 euro while ID you only get 300 minutes.He moving back when month is up

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dickseaman7

my friends used it but very poor and was 15 euro for a sim card and 15 credit, that was only 2 weeks, now they are charging 17 euro, 2 euro extra for the sim card so not much cop, tescomobile are better value, coverage wise too and they offer unlimited calls for 15 euro while ID you only get 300 minutes. theyre moving back when month is up

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bucktastic

I switched from meteor to id mobile last month and have noticed a huge drop in the amount of coverage I receive... its either 4g or else no coverage at all and it is completely random. I have also not been receiving calls and texts, or the text comes a day later... I'm fed up already after four weeks and am switching indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wally9

quote from 9-10-2016.

there is still no option to top up online, told today by staff it is coming "down the line" it must be a very long line......

Was told when I first registered early 2015 that app to top up would be available in September 15! They are an absolute disaster, their coverage here in kildare has actually gotten worse in the last year. I have 30gb of data on my plan and it is completely unusable as it does not connect in my house either, so no data and no phone coverage. I cannot understand how they have any subscribers at this stage. Even their own staff at carphone warehouse won't usee ID!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

wally9 wrote: »
    Was told when I first registered early 2015 that app to top up would be available in September 15! They are an absolute disaster, their coverage here in kildare has actually gotten worse in the last year. I have 30gb of data on my plan and it is completely unusable as it does not connect in my house either, so no data and no phone coverage. I cannot understand how they have any subscribers at this stage. Even their own staff at carphone warehouse won't usee ID!

This is a Limerick forum.

I have had ID mobile for six months with an iPhone. Find the coverage in Caherconlish and Limerick city to be excellent. Speed on 4G also excellent. Haven't had a single problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

cian8 wrote: »
    This is a Limerick forum.

I have had ID mobile for six months with an iPhone. Find the coverage in Caherconlish and Limerick city to be excellent. Speed on 4G also excellent. Haven't had a single problem.
    Been using them a year or so. Coverage in Limerick City has always been perfect for me fwiw. Inability to top up online is a balls thou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Been using them a year or so. Coverage in Limerick City has always been perfect for me fwiw. Inability to top up online is a balls thou.
    Yep. Perfect for me too.Still have not had a reason to call customer care

Advertisement