Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to Buy Music Online

Options
  • 27-08-2015 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Play seems to be gone to sterling and is amazon. BEst place to get music online including postage and packaging?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I don't think there's a single "best place", to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭thesultan

Would you recommend any?

What are you looking to buy, vinyl, CDs, downloads? What genre/type of music?

cd

Best bets are probably Amazon or WowHD then. Amazon are a bit more expensive at the moment because fo the exchange rate, but at least the Euro seems to be strengthening slightly again. Some people have wouldn't recommend WowHD, but I've never had any real issues with them (a couple of orders cancelled because they were unable to get the item from their suppliers), they've been a bit more expensive of late too, again presumably currency-related.

• Advertisement

Never going near wow again. dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

hhv.de

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jennyjoy

I really like using Spotify. I haven't bought an album just to buy one. It allows me to listen to new bands with out the worry of spending money on something you're not impressed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

There was fairshare music, that you let you donate a portion of each purchase to a charity from a selection screen but it seems to have been taken down without any explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Any recommendation on the best site to download music, similar to iTunes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 nqvinh94

iTunes i think, it's fast and so easy to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I use 7digital.ie . They usually have good deals on albums and new albums are reasonably priced. A good alternative to itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 briana26

definitely from iTunes

Advertisement