Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

What will the price of the 6s Plus with 64GB be in Ireland?

Looking like the guts of a grand on the French site....really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

around €899

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Blazer wrote: »
    around €899

Prices have gone up due to the strong dollar, so probably €969 as per the French site.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yep €959 is a more realistic price, we have a higher rate of VAT than the French....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I remember when I bought the iPhone 4, there was an 8GB, 16GB and 32GB model. I went with the top storage model and at the time that was €699. Crazy how different the prices have gotten. Entry level 6s seems to be more expensive than the previous top capacity model now.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    I remember when I bought the iPhone 4, there was an 8GB, 16GB and 32GB model. I went with the top storage model and at the time that was €699. Crazy how different the prices have gotten. Entry level 6s seems to be more expensive than the previous top capacity model now.

€959 does seem a bit crazy for a 64gb 5.5inch phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Do we know the screen resolution and memory of the 6+ and 6s+. Have they gone 2k with 2gb ram I wonder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Flaccus wrote: »
    Do we know the screen resolution and memory of the 6+ and 6s+. Have they gone 2k with 2gb ram I wonder ?

It looks like 2Gb ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Also read something about double strength ionised glass. Never had an issue with the glass on the 6 personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

symbolic wrote: »
    €959 does seem a bit crazy for a 64gb 5.5inch phone.

It's the same price as the Sony Z5 premium, if your spending that kind of money it'd be very hard to justify the apple over the Sony, it beats it on so many features that matter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's the same price as the Sony Z5 premium, if your spending that kind of money it'd be very hard to justify the apple over the Sony, it beats it on so many features that matter.

That must be why Sony alway do such a roaring trade in mobile phones.

Graham wrote: »

Doesn't make sense why they don't, I'd put it down to marketing rather than any fault of their flagship phones.
    Imagine what Apple would change for a 4k, 232gb, waterproof phone with HD audio and a battery capable of a week or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Doesn't make sense why they don't, I'd put it down to marketing rather than any fault of their flagship phones.
    Imagine what Apple would change for a 4k, 232gb, waterproof phone with HD audio and a battery capable of a week or more.

they're not waterproof...as it turns out Sony has been telling a few mistruths about their phones being waterproof.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_makes_changes_to_its_waterproof_policy_says_not_to_fully_submerge_devices-news-13972.php

bring you up to two days **** battery life

That phone perfectly illustrates the biggest problem for Sony (and Samsung for that matter). In the mobile market they can't compete on low price, they can't compete on ecosystem, they can't compete on the O/S. All they can do is keep adding hardware features.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

That phone perfectly illustrates the biggest problem for Sony (and Samsung for that matter). In the mobile market they can't compete on low price, they can't compete on ecosystem, they can't compete on the O/S. All they can do is keep adding hardware features.

In your opinion.

irishmover wrote: »
    In your opinion.

ok, you're right. Sony have the smartphone market sussed. I'll bow out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Not only are you unable to interpret your opinion from a fact you're now putting words into my mouth? You got all that from three words. Good job.

Ah the ol, everyone's buying it so it must be the best :)

If iPhones were cars, the 6s+ would be a VW Golf and the 6 would be a Ford focus.

An M3 is miles ahead of both, but bmw have the car market sussed, I'll bow out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

It's hard to believe adults still come on here to argue about phones. Do they see the comic book guy staring back when they look in the mirror?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Why must people come in to the apple section of a forum, full of "apple fanboys" and big up sony/samsung gear?

It's like going to a VW car meet in a Civic and trying to argue why the Civic is better.....

Go back to the android section and snigger at us where we can't see you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I currently have a 5s so reckon I'll upgrade this time round (I seem to a 'S' buyer - every 2 years I get my fix :P). Really liking the look of the camera upgrades (crisper, increased resolution, etc.); very appealing to me as I rarely travel abroad with my DSLR but always want to shoot good quality photographs nonetheless.

Here's a great hands-on demo by Marques Brownlee

eeloe wrote: »
    Why must people come in to the apple section of a forum, full of "apple fanboys" and big up sony/samsung gear?

Around this time every year there's usually a few isolated outbreaks of mass-techno-penis-envy. Those afflicted have an uncontrollable urge to flop down their SamSonDroid at the mere mention of anything Apple related. Extreme cases follow up by running around thrusting their SamSunDroid under peoples noses while shouting 'look, more megahertz'. A handful of acute cases will go as far as seeking out Apple related gatherings to perform this bizarre ritual.

Medical research continues to try and find an underlying cause while psychologists investigate what would cause such overt efforts to self-validate sufferers own choices.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Around this time every year there's usually a few isolated outbreaks of mass-techno-penis-envy. Those afflicted have an uncontrollable urge to flop down their SamSonDroid at the mere mention of anything Apple related. Extreme cases follow up by running around thrusting their SamSunDroid under peoples noses while shouting 'look, more megahertz'. A handful of acute cases will go as far as seeking out Apple related gatherings to perform this bizarre ritual.

Medical research continues to try and find an underlying cause while psychologists investigate what would cause such overt efforts to self-validate sufferers own choices.

I don't think there's even any mods around here to stop all that sh*t, despite it being specifically prohibited in teh charter. Same old crap twice or three times a year, and usually the same people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

naasrd wrote: »
    It's hard to believe adults still come on here to argue about phones. Do they see the comic book guy staring back when they look in the mirror?

That's the problem I don't think for one second that they are adults. Anyway back on topic I reserved one this morning for pick up but I have chosen the PM route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

That's the problem I don't think for one second that they are adults. Anyway back on topic I reserved one this morning for pick up but I have chosen the PM route.

Was gonna do the PM route but went for pick up on Friday morning.

Yeah both sides come across as quite childish alright. But anyway back on topic, ah nice, what did you go for?

The more I see these live pictures, the more I want that camera, be interested to see the reviews to see camera results.

symbolic wrote: »
    Yeah both sides come across as quite childish alright. But anyway back on topic, ah nice, what did you go for?

The more I see these live pictures, the more I want that camera, be interested to see the reviews to see camera results.

64gb Space Gray the live picture is a great feature can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    Was gonna do the PM route but went for pick up on Friday morning.

The more I taught about the PM route it saves me so much hassle all for a small fee hopefully I get it on the Saturday I ordered it quite late compared to others.

Advertisement