Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup there should be an Apple Special Events channel on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is this the first time it's available on windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

Yeah Edge supports HLS though technically so does Android but Apple blocks it's browsers.

The new AppleTV will be interesting in that Apple is rumored to be trying it's hand at being a micro console but these have all failed in the market place and I'm not sure even Apple has the power to change that.

The best of them is the Nvidia Shield based on the AndroidTV platform (not to be confused with trashy Android tablet boxes), it has the usual ports of mobile titles but is backed up by ports of last gen console games from xbox 360/ps3 & PC. This makes it a bit more appealing for something to play on the TV than just a basic mobile game which is only designed to be played in very short periods.

That's what Apple needs to do or somehow get game devs to make ports of current titles (even if their not as pretty), if it's mobile only then it will be a graveyard, even Sony screwed up their own micro console and didn't even port the big name Vita titles to it.

It has the app store now or so the rumors go, about time and it will still be useful for that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

catfax wrote: »
    Yeah Edge supports HLS though technically so does Android but Apple blocks it's browsers.

The new AppleTV will be interesting in that Apple is rumored to be trying it's hand at being a micro console but these have all failed in the market place and I'm not sure even Apple has the power to change that.

The best of them is the Nvidia Shield based on the AndroidTV platform (not to be confused with trashy Android tablet boxes), it has the usual ports of mobile titles but is backed up by ports of last gen console games from xbox 360/ps3 & PC. This makes it a bit more appealing for something to play on the TV than just a basic mobile game which is only designed to be played in very short periods.

That's what Apple needs to do or somehow get game devs to make ports of current titles (even if their not as pretty), if it's mobile only then it will be a graveyard, even Sony screwed up their own micro console and didn't even port the big name Vita titles to it.

It has the app store now or so the rumors go, about time and it will still be useful for that at least.

I'm hoping, seeing as it's based on iOS 9, that most previous purchases will be available on Apple TV anyway. Even if they keep it standalone and have separate purchases it wouldn't be too bad as long as apps can easily be added without the need for porting. Although, buying once and having all your data sync between the Apple TV and iOS devices would make it a great device for me personally. I think i'd find myself using it a lot more, staring a game when your out on an iPhone and continuing where you left off when you get home on the Apple TV. I'm not getting my hopes up though, i've a feeling it'll get apps bit by bit and they'll be more expensive than their iOS versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Looks like a bumper event planned tonight. iPhones, iPads, watchOS 2, Apple TV all together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

So wait I didnt realize the apple watch wasnt out here yet

where are you guys selling your old phones? highest I could find is 550 euro cash for my iPhone 6 128gb unlocked

still shopping around

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Will it be streamed on YouTube?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Really looking forward to todays event.

It's gonna be an expensive quarter, if the 6s plus has enough to warrant an upgrade from the 6plus, it will have to be got.

I've been looking forward to the Apple TV update for a long time.

And my gen 1 ipad mini needs an upgrade, think i'll probably just go for one of the air's if they get an upgrade, the ipad pro would be too big for what i actually use the ipad for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I wonder will they announce when the Apple Watch will be released here.

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    Will it be streamed on YouTube?

It will be live streamed here... http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Herself is watching TV, I'm lying on the couch with the laptop and Bluetooth headset, pointed at Apple.com.

I feel such a nerd.:D

where are you guys selling your old phones? highest I could find is 550 euro cash for my iPhone 6 128gb unlocked

still shopping around

I got €560 for my iPhone 6 64GB on donedeal I would definitely hold out for more if I was you your phone is worth more than that.

I wonder will they announce when the Apple Watch will be released here.
    Yes i have a feeling we'll get a "from this Friday Watch will be available in 25 more countries"

Picked up mine last week in the US and i'm absolutely in love with it, moving from a pebble to this is crazy, i didn't think it would be this good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Excited about iOS 9 and a new Apple TV.

Only got the iPad Air 2 over Christmas and love it, so won't be looking at a new iPad for a while.

I've the iPhone 6 64gb in Space Grey and still love it, won't be upgrading iPhones this year as it still does everything I want without a hitch.

Definitely will be getting the iPhone 7 next year :pac:

eeloe wrote: »
    Yes i have a feeling we'll get a "from this Friday Watch will be available in 25 more countries"

Picked up mine last week in the US and i'm absolutely in love with it, moving from a pebble to this is crazy, i didn't think it would be this good.

Picked one up on the states myself but a week after I bought it noticed 3 horizontal scratches so it will have to go back to Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Been thinking a lot about getting an Apple Watch lately, so particularly looking forward to the segment on watchOS2. My wallet probably isn't though, because it knows how easily swayed I am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I'm an Android user but as a general tech fan I love watching all these streams.

Beats 1 doing the music is cute too.

I wonder will Apple Music for Android come out today too?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Has it started yet?

Not started yet on the Apple TV :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Starting now, stream quality is excellent on edge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

There's some amount of hype for this event, haven't seen as much in the last few years.

OK ITS STARTED!!!

*HULK POSE*:pac:

This is gonna be killer, Cook said himself, no time for updates, straight in to the announcements...watch up first.

LETS GO!!!

Not surprised Chrome somehow doesn't work but thankfully quality is perfect on Internet Expl----, I mean Edge! :pac:

Still not getting Apple Watch. Just doesn't do it for me. Maybe Apple Watch 2.0

I do own 24 though :o

This watch guy… Zzz

This watch'd want to be good for over €400 haha.

I'm mad excited about this and I don't even use iOS, I wonder will there be a cheap iPhone this year, 6c, 6s and 6s+ perhaps?

Airstrip looks amazing...if the accuracy is on point it will be a killer app

• Advertisement

The Airstrip feature showing the babas heartbeat live is pretty amazing.

Advertisement