Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

lertsnim wrote: »
    Oh wow you can go clothes shopping. The new Apple TV is incredibly underwhelming.

The gaming and shopping is meh, but the Siri integration / searching multiple services for content is why I'd buy one alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

finally that bint is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Shopping is like soooo exciting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    For such nice looking products the people who make and design them look like the back of a bus

I think the elderly lady introducing GILT finds it a little bit chilly in there. Shoulda called it GILF

Rounders app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Really hope the App Store for the TV won't mean apps will have to be completely built from scratch. I was hoping apps would be readily compatible, obviously if they were horizontal it would work out. The iPhone connected via Bluetooth would be a great controller alternative.

I like the new UI overall, but I'm more interested in the third party apps, especially games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I wish your man would just walk on say

"new ipad - 699, 799, 899, new iphone - 599, 699, 799 etc etc... Out now"

And be done with it, i'll figure the rest out when i get it.

Yes! Universal apps that sync and one purchase for them. I'm sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yakuza wrote: »
    The gaming and shopping is meh, but the Siri integration / searching multiple services for content is why I'd buy one alone.

I hardly use Siri on any device so it wouldn't be a seller for me but things like that MLB app would be a good use but most of that stuff will be North America only.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shopping is like soooo exciting

No interest in it either but if someone had told you 20 years ago it would be possible you would have been amazed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Finally, here we go

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

not a bad price

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iphinw!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Hang on...wait a sec, did he just say the remote will EVEN control your TV volume!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Split screen for watching 2 games at once on the MLB app has me sold (although the season will be over by the time this is out). You can do that on the Mac at the moment but it'll be great to have it on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Finally!

Storage capacity is better than expected, rumours of as low as 8GB were circulating. 64GB for $199 is acceptable. I'd imagine we'll be included in the 80 countries too.

murpho999 wrote: »
    No interest in it either but if someone had told you 20 years ago it would be possible you would have been amazed.

i still want them to announce a music and photo organizer that isnt a pain in the arris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkslide

OU812 wrote: »
    That's my Xmas gift sorted.

Apple entering the console gaming industry is a huge game changer

Steady on there. It's hardly even going to compete with the 3DS nevermind the PS4 and the like.

It's like having iPhone games on your TV. Why would you want to..

same phone

• Advertisement

Changed everything, except the design.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The iPhone Success :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

DubDJ wrote: »

Didn't you hear?! It's a different aluminium! :O

rose gold=pink

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »

That's hardly a surprise. It's an 's' year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

CEC support is nice, not sure on touch remotes those are not always great in the living room.

Pretty much what I suspected same as FireTV/AndroidTV, games wise just mobile trash even with a brazen frogger clone (who thought that was a good demo), the platform is no threat to anyone.

Will get one anyway for app store with video content.

force touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

3d touch. however useful :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This will be wet in the iPhone 7 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Touch/Air remote - Been on the Samsung TV/Android Boxes for ages

3D Touch - Basically that Samsung thing where you hover your finger over and it does the same.

I own a few Apple products but why do they say all this is new ****e when its been done before?

Do they think we are stupid.

Advertisement