Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice about post-grad studies (NFQ vs ECTS etc.)

Options
  • 27-08-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have recently been accepted to two different courses under the springboard program and I am finding it very difficult to decide which one I want to do.

I am an industrial chemistry graduate and I have been accepted to the following courses:

Postgraduate Certificate in (Bio)Pharma Processing (UCC)
    NFQ level 9
    30 ECTS Credits
    12 month course (including work placement)

Diploma in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing (Innopharma Labs Ltd)
    NFQ level 8
    70 ECTS Credits
    6 month course

I am finding it difficult to choose because I dont know the value of ECTS credits compared to NFQ levels. I am also worried that if I do the level 9 course, I will not get funding for another level 9 course if it turns out to be "wishy-washy" or not very useful for securing employment (this is off-set a little by the fact that the level 9 course in UCC comes with work placement as part of the course).

I was hoping someone out there could give me a little insight into ECTS credits vs NFQ levels or if anyone has completed either of these courses, your insight would be very helpful.

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 k1m

Which one did you end up going for? I have an interview for the level 8 one tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Donnelly24

HI
    I did the innopharma course im just finished since may, to be honest for all the work you do in it and there is a fair bit of work to it, the rewards are not there in my opinion. I wish i had done a different course rather then this the after care in relation to getting a job is not there they dont help you in any way. I'm still looking for work thinking that having this on my cv would help. some of my friends did get work from it but overall very disappointed with this course but thats only my opinion someone else might see if different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 HonorRoller

Hi Donnelly24,

I am thinking of applying to Innopharma for a level 8. Have you found work now? If so did your your study in Innopharma helped your employability?

Advertisement