Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this floodlight any good?

Options
  • 27-08-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I have a Friedland Spectra Floodlight Superflood 500W (Black) and I was wondering if it's a good product.

What's it like for energy consumption?

Can it be connected to a light switch so I can turn it on and off at will, along with the motion sensor activating the light when it detects movement?

Can it be fitted with different bulbs to save energy?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Cheap and nasty IMHO, you get what you pay for. It is also very expensive to run. These sort of fittings have gone out with the Indians.
    LED is the way to go if you want low running costs.
    Check out the Stinel range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea they are as much a heater as a light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

If one was to replace a floodlight like this, what wattage LED would be a good replacement for a 500W halogen or indeed a 350W halogen?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

2011 wrote: »
    Cheap and nasty IMHO, you get what you pay for. It is also very expensive to run. These sort of fittings have gone out with the Indians.
    LED is the way to go if you want low running costs.
    Check out the Stinel range.

What would you recommend for a garden that is 80 foot long and 40 foot wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What would you recommend for a garden that is 80 foot long and 40 foot wide?

50 watt led.

I have bought a lot off eBay from 10 watt up to 50 watt and find them great.

Cheap to run and great light output.

• Advertisement
Advertisement