Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera gearbox problem

Options
  • 27-08-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I was at traffic lights on a hill holding the car using the brakes.
    The lights turned and I set off. Didn't realise the car was in 3rd.
    It jumped and cut out. I restarted it.
    I put it into first and set off. I could hear this banging. Realised it was the gear stick on the console. It seems like the gearbox shifted forward. 1st, 3rd and 5th are all banging of the console.

Must have been the strain of taking off in 3rd.

The gears seem to be working normally.

Any idea whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

le_baz wrote: »
    I was at traffic lights on a hill holding the car using the brakes.
    The lights turned and I set off. Didn't realise the car was in 3rd.
    It jumped and cut out. I restarted it.
    I put it into first and set off. I could hear this banging. Realised it was the gear stick on the console. It seems like the gearbox shifted forward. 1st, 3rd and 5th are all banging of the console.

Must have been the strain of taking off in 3rd.

The gears seem to be working normally.

Any idea whats going on?

not sure how old it is but gearbox problems are common on almearas... I had to.get my reconditioned... search this site and you'll find some discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Sounds like you broke a gearbox mounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Sounds like you broke a gearbox mounting.

+1

Just had my gearbox out the other day. 1 of the gear linkage rods attaches to the rear engine mount. Easy fix although im seeing some prices from €20-€60 just for the mount. need to get one for mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 le_baz

Yep. Broke a gearbox mounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

what did it cost to fix ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement