Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threats from subordinate/reportee

Options
  • 27-08-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, Need immediate advise!!

I had joined this new company 2-3 months back. A couple of members of my team doesn't seem to happy that a new person from outside has come in and taken a senior role and they have to report to me. Obviously they do not say this directly but then whatever work is assigned to them is not done or they say that we wont do.
    they always tell me (specially this one guy) that they have contact as they are in the company since ages.
    I have escalated it to my manager recently but it seems they have said something to my manager as well so he tries to stay away as much as possible from this guy.He puts it back to my to handle it myself but not ready to take a stand himself against these guys.But always agrees with me that they are very difficult to handle and haven't come across such ppl in workplace ever.

Now I had a 1 to 1 meeting with one of the lads yest. Firstly not ready to speak much and then not agreeing to even a single thing and blaming me for everything for all the issues.
    HE then threatened me that he wont be speaking with me till he had discussed that with the union rep.

Don't see this is going to end in a good note.
    Need advise what do I need to do.. Do I report it to HR? or any other step.

I do feel threatened as they are in the company for long time and definitely have good contacts. I feel it will backfire if I report to HR etc... and as I am very new in the company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jonti

With a senior position comes responsibility to control and nurture your team. I f anyone is not performing or using threatening language or disrespect report the situation to H.R. That is what they are there for.
    I would suggest getting your team together and asking them what their problem is with you, use this information to plan a strategy that will enable them to accept the fact that management has no confidence in their ability to perform the duties of the position you now hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd be walking him down the constructive dismissal route up to himself how he responds.
    Make notes of everything, start with verbal warning.
    Have you the power to fire him, if so and you haven't don't it before get your manager to give you guidance and maybe sit in for his verbal warning, don't let this drift on, nip it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Reminds me of my call center days!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You should be getting coaching from your manager about how to handle this. If your manager is not giving you this, then ask HR for it.

So ... instead of dobbing the guys in to HR directly, you are giving them them opportunity to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

read and understand the company's disciplinary process and follow it to the letter.

first inform HR there is a problem employee and ,as with most procedures, you will first try to resolve the issue Directly. Meet with and State clearly what your dissatisfaction is with the employee and give him opportunity to rectify it. Follow the conversation with a written e- mail outlining the topics discussed and the action items agreed.

If no improvement in the agreed time frame from the informal discussion, again Discuss it with HR with a view to informing them you are going to be issuing a formal verbal warning and wish a member of HR to be present. The employee can have a union rep present, in fact suggest it as it essentially calls their bluff.

If the persons behaviour does not improve continue with additional verbal and written warnings as per the Disciplinary Procedure. If still no improvement then the person can be let go and, once the process has been fairly followed the union cannot do anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I'd be walking him down the constructive dismissal route up to himself how he responds.
    Make notes of everything, start with verbal warning.
    Have you the power to fire him, if so and you haven't don't it before get your manager to give you guidance and maybe sit in for his verbal warning, don't let this drift on, nip it now.

Constructive Dismissal is illegal under Irish Labour Law ......... this not a good route for the Op to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 vinci123

thanks all for the response..
    I am planning to take it up with the HR. The problem is that guy is rude and then I believe he tells around everyone ( as he's in the company for long) that I am rude with him.Hes not that productive in work so keeps running from it and best way is to get into an altercation etc so everyones mind is diverted to sorting out the issues.
    My manager is also pissed off with everything whats going on but he acts so helpless himself.

ja1986 wrote: »
    Reminds me of my call center days!
    I havnt worked in call ever but one the guy i am dealing with is from call center background.
    is it like this in call center? mine is a reputed IT company, and I have only seen professional culture in IT companies.. there are disagreement but they are still handled in a lot nicer way..

Hi All,
    An update on above and need further advice.

I had tried to follow some of the advices and kept my Manager in loop on whats happening. He was very supportive initially and have some of the things in writing from my side (20%) and 80% verbal. it was going ok for a couple of months as everyone was staying away from everyone, I too was ignoring a few things from my side as I wanted peace in my head.
    Now the problem started when my manager went for sick leave for unknown reason and unknown duration. Then we all had to start reporting to our senior manager. Things were going Ok but one day suddenly this senior manager called for a meeting and gave me a very bad review in terms of my performance and said that this was the probation review. I told her that am surprised as my earlier manager said very good things about me and even was agreeing to complete my probation on-time(before he went on sick leave). She checked with HR for any written records of performance, but they had none. Now this time I got a big form filled out for the Sr Manager on how I had not been performing and how the team is getting affected.
    So never had any good feedback in writing but had this bad feedback in writing including the point she told me that the previous manager gave not so good feedback and already there was some work being done to help you with your performance. NO clue where this came from and who is actually lying, my manager whos off sick or this sr manger whos using his name.
    First Written email- I didnt say anything after her email. In 2nd meeting I gave her background of what was happening in the last few months and how a couple of team members were harassing me because they were in the system for 7-8 yrs and didnt want to report me, and their shortcomings are reflected in my performance and not theirs.(not to blame but to give her background). Again she sent minutes of meeting with my shortcomings and new mistakes (no details on what I spoke to her about and examples I gave her).
    The shortcomings and mistakes were very minor and everyone could do on the day to day job or were related to someone else in the team but somehow I was being blamed. ( I HAVE proofs for this in emails). But it clearly looked like a case of documenting my mistakes ---- which looks to me now is that something is being planned behind my back so they can end my probation.

I was on 3 months contract + almost 5 months in probation . My earlier manager and Hr said it was ok to end my probation after 6 months and not 9 months. but this sr manager says she wont consider the contract period. which was still ok as am due to finish, but taking notes now at this stage when it was never done in last 8 months on the good work.

P.S - i am not from EU and in my country i never seen such things in IT. and its considered a good profession away from this kind of politics or I never experienced them -working for 10+ yrs and always considered myself as good performer.
    In Ireland for last couple of years and perm job in this company now.
    I always focused on my work and kept myself busy which was even acknowledged by managers outside my team, but these 2 guys from my team had created such a negatively about me in the team that i feel singled out and helpless. I also feel that the change from the sr manager is because of these guys only.. and they would have been feeding wrong info to her while I was stupidly working on my projects for the last 2 months.

Sorry for long story guys, but trying to jot down all major instances.
    I have also been passed racist comments from these 2 guys that I am not treated differently etc.. which was shot down by my manager but was later defended as a cultural difference (easy way out I feel). but I always felt vulnerable with these guys in the team.

Going back to the 2nd meeting notes from my sr manager I tried to action a couple of them but was again not supported by the team (which I passed to my sr manager) to show her that this is still happening. But again I will know she will put it back on me that it was my interpersonal skill and conflict management that I am not able to resolve, so to put another point in the notes that shes is maintaining. So getting screwed from all ends. when you sr manager is not even a bit supportive knowing the facts.

what can be done from my side at this stage.. if they dismiss me and not end my probation. can I call it unfair dismissal.
    Do I call HR in the meeting if I feel something is going in that direction. we have no written records for non-performance for 7-8 months. But also not for Ok or good performance.
    I do have some emails which shows the un-supportive behavior from team in the last 5-6 months which I sent to my manager.

Even with the points against me- I feel that they are not strong(minor mistakes) or not directly my fault. but shes a sr manager and go any length to support her case.. also I dont see support from anyone for me with my manager being sick. and the team is already fed against me - me being an outside and don't smoke or drink to be close to the guys and join the gang.

vinci123 wrote: »
    Hi, Need immediate advise!!

I had joined this new company 2-3 months back. A couple of members of my team doesn't seem to happy that a new person from outside has come in and taken a senior role and they have to report to me. Obviously they do not say this directly but then whatever work is assigned to them is not done or they say that we wont do.
    they always tell me (specially this one guy) that they have contact as they are in the company since ages.
    I have escalated it to my manager recently but it seems they have said something to my manager as well so he tries to stay away as much as possible from this guy.He puts it back to my to handle it myself but not ready to take a stand himself against these guys.But always agrees with me that they are very difficult to handle and haven't come across such ppl in workplace ever.

Now I had a 1 to 1 meeting with one of the lads yest. Firstly not ready to speak much and then not agreeing to even a single thing and blaming me for everything for all the issues.
    HE then threatened me that he wont be speaking with me till he had discussed that with the union rep.

Don't see this is going to end in a good note.
    Need advise what do I need to do.. Do I report it to HR? or any other step.

I do feel threatened as they are in the company for long time and definitely have good contacts. I feel it will backfire if I report to HR etc... and as I am very new in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your not managing those 2 guys, there still not playing ball you should have them fired by now, it's not an easy thing to do but if you don't do it and it's probably too late now it's you that's going to get the bullet.
    You've no grounds for unfair dismissal, your not managing the team, your unable to discipline them.
    Can you give the guy a call that's gone out sick to get his 2cent off the record, or even straight up with the HR that you can not get these people to get inline and you feel they need to go for the sake of the team, have you given either of them a warning yet.
    You need someone to talk to on the inside and guide you if you don't have the experience. Could you ask HR to get someone to help you on this issue with the guys.

• Advertisement

It sounds like your manager has let you down badly here.

I hate to say it - but have you considered job-hunting? I cannot see this ending well for you.

Well the management had not been very transparent with the reporting structure. Only after 2-3 months in the company they told us to people manage the guys officially and then separately he was having meeting with the guys 1 to 1 each time . Even now we are told to manage them but then we are not even app overs of their leaves which has to be only approved by manager before and senior manager now. So the same impression is also given to the reportees which leads to them not respecting me. I agree I should have taken some action but I kept my manager in loop with any serious things and he was supportive. Our role sometimes looks more to admin rather than being a manager.

Now if I try to do anything I feel it would look like an acting in frustration because of the feedback given to me.
    Being new to the country and still new in th company don't have anyone to explain my the rules here and how to mange or come out of this . Again the senior manager looks suddenly unsupportive and just noting all moves as a proof.
    Also to mention one the the reportee guys father has recently retired from the company and Being at the very senior position. I was just playing safe for the last few months . Was working in silo for my project and the guys were working with my manager for another important project. Where they didn't do a good job but again As per the senior manager I am being blamed of not mentoring them.
    Your not managing those 2 guys, there still not playing ball you should have them fired by now, it's not an easy thing to do but if you don't do it and it's probably too late now it's you that's going to get the bullet.
    You've no grounds for unfair dismissal, your not managing the team, your unable to discipline them.
    Can you give the guy a call that's gone out sick to get his 2cent off the record, or even straight up with the HR that you can not get these people to get inline and you feel they need to go for the sake of the team, have you given either of them a warning yet.
    You need someone to talk to on the inside and guide you if you don't have the experience. Could you ask HR to get someone to help you on this issue with the guys.

It sounds like your manager has let you down badly here.

I hate to say it - but have you considered job-hunting? I cannot see this ending well for you.
    its a long process fr me being a Non EU as employer needs to sponsor. which is another thing.

But I cant believe that such a thing could happen and people can be so unfair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

But I cant believe that such a thing could happen and people can be so unfair.

You can be let go at the end of your probation, or indeed during it.

Perhaps your best course of action here is to sit down with the senior manager and work out what they would like to see change in terms of your performance?

Stheno wrote: »
    Perhaps your best course of action here is to sit down with the senior manager and work out what they would like to see change in terms of your performance?

And you need them to provide you with specific support / coaching for what they want you to do.

It sounds like you have all responsibility for managing these guys, but not the authority.

Another thought: f they have sponsored you here for a Visa, then you must have some technical skill which they want, apart from management. Is there any way you could get moved to a role which focuses on this, and gives the management to someone else?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And you need them to provide you with specific support / coaching for what they want you to do.

It sounds like you have all responsibility for managing these guys, but not the authority.

Another thought: f they have sponsored you here for a Visa, then you must have some technical skill which they want, apart from management. Is there any way you could get moved to a role which focuses on this, and gives the management to someone else?

I just read that the OP is non- EU, OP I'm wondering if there are cultural or communications issues that are part of this problem?

You can be let go at the end of your probation, or indeed during it.

thanks
    actually this is what I did in my first meeting but in the 2nd meeting she started documenting un-necessary small points . although I replied back to her email giving explanation to 3 or the 5 points but again it looks like she had already made up her mind.
    not even a single point that I spoke to her but only looks like evidences against me.

Am sure a 3rd party with no influence from anyone can see whats going on with my email proofs but if something is already planned by sr manager and HR then it will be hard to defend the truth. e.g the racist comment was called as cultural difference.

I just read that the OP is non- EU, OP I'm wondering if there are cultural or communications issues that are part of this problem?

could be the case definitely but tbh i didnt face any issues with my last 2 companies.. (wasnt a manager role there), and the problem was only with 2 guys in the team and not the 3rd. But these influenced the 3rd member who still behaves fine with me and some other guys from 2nd team.

thanks
    actually this is what I did in my first meeting but in the 2nd meeting she started documenting un-necessary small points . although I replied back to her email giving explanation to 3 or the 5 points but again it looks like she had already made up her mind.
    not even a single point that I spoke to her but only looks like evidences against me.

Am sure a 3rd party with no influence from anyone can see whats going on with my email proofs but if something is already planned by sr manager and HR then it will be hard to defend the truth. e.g the racist comment was called as cultural difference.

They may not be un-necessary minor points in the managers view.

Do you mind me asking what the racist comment was?
    could be the case definitely but tbh i didnt face any issues with my last 2 companies.. (wasnt a manager role there), and the problem was only with 2 guys in the team and not the 3rd. But these influenced the 3rd member who still behaves fine with me and some other guys from 2nd team.

So this is your first role where you have had team lead/management responsibilities?

Yes thats right, dont have the authority for the guys.which is very odd as without authority its very hard to manage. The managers were also never transparent of the expectations.

I don't mind doing the technical role as expected out of me and was doing great in my projects and appreciated by a couple of outside managers ( but verbally). but apart from my managerial skills they are pointing to my technical skills.
    Eg in Documentation I provided information of incomplete things at the end of project. I was told thats its better if thats reflected twice in the document in additional section. Later during my 1-2-1 i was told that u made the blunder!!! when no specific format exists for document writing and none is followed by anyone in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

OP your continued probation status makes you badly exposed here. If you were permanent the company would have to go through numerous procedures to show how you are failing (in their eyes) to live up to the requirements of the job. But as you are on probation they can basically let you go at any time and pay up your notice period.

Moving forward you need to get someone on your side to vouch for your ability within the role. As Stheno suggested ask the senior manager exactly what she wants you to do in order for you to pass your probation. Push that you are willing to do your very best to succeed and are fully committed to the role. Basically tell them what they want to hear.

To be honest though it sounds like the senior manager has made the decision to not keep you on. I would try and get in contact with the manager who went on leave in order to see whether he could speak with the senior manager for you.

They may not be un-necessary minor points in the managers view.
    One point related to the documentation i gave in last comment. where I documented the details but was told its not good enough when no format is agreed by the team. or followed. It was my initiative to provide the missing information in one section.
    2nd eg- Me and another mngr were told to collate data for our teams and then finally i had to report to sr manager. Got numbers from the other guy, added to my sheet and reported to sr manager. Sr manager asked other guy if you are ok, he said yes. Later 1 week discrepancy found in data in his team. but he was on leave. The Sr manager told me that it was my mistake and I should have double checked the s/w to match the data provided before submitting.
    ( the other guy already confirmed so why there was a new expectation now- just to pass blame?

Do you mind me asking what the racist comment was?
    Was told in the 121 meeting in front of my manager by this guys is that he knows that i am different but I am not treating her differently. to which my manager got very angry.

So this is your first role where you have had team lead/management responsibilities?
    In ireland Yes

Mezcita wrote: »
    OP your continued probation status makes you badly exposed here. If you were permanent the company would have to go through numerous procedures to show how you are failing (in their eyes) to live up to the requirements of the job. But as you are on probation they can basically let you go at any time and pay up your notice period.

Moving forward you need to get someone on your side to vouch for your ability within the role. As Stheno suggested ask the senior manager exactly what she wants you to do in order for you to pass your probation. Push that you are willing to do your very best to succeed and are fully committed to the role. Basically tell them what they want to hear.

To be honest though it sounds like the senior manager has made the decision to not keep you on. I would try and get in contact with the manager who went on leave in order to see whether he could speak with the senior manager for you.

thanks , yes, will follow the advice.i need to get past this probation if I can. it wont be a happy place even after that but atleast if i decide to leave on my own terms. and if i can sort my visa etc.
    will also try and get in contact with my manager if he can speak to the sr manager. he always used to say good things in my review. I am so pissed off with my manager as well if hes so double faced saying something else to me and then not supporting when feedback was required from him.

Can I not show any little proofs(20% or whatever) to justify my case if it goes to HR, or its too late now. and should follow what the sr manager is saying.

In ireland Yes

Ok, I'm not really getting how you took up the comment about you being different as racist, as it's not clear to me what it meant.

Anyway I think what's happened here is the perfect storm. You joined an organisation as a new manager/team lead, two of your subordinates with a fair chunk of time in the company objected to this, and you've not had enough support from your manager to deal with the situation.

It's now gone on for so long that most likely the senior manager has decided you are not the right "fit" for the organisation and is documenting every trivial issue they find with you so as to make a case not to extend your contract after probation.

I'd say at this stage that you'll be let go towards the end of your probation tbh.

thanks , yes, will follow the advice.i need to get past this probation if I can. it wont be a happy place even after that but atleast if i decide to leave on my own terms. and if i can sort my visa etc.
    will also try and get in contact with my manager if he can speak to the sr manager. he always used to say good things in my review. I am so pissed off with my manager as well if hes so double faced saying something else to me and then not supporting when feedback was required from him.

Can I not show any little proofs(20% or whatever) to justify my case if it goes to HR, or its too late now. and should follow what the sr manager is saying.

I would be very careful contacting your manager if he is on sick leave. The company may have rules in relation to that being acceptable and it may end up worse than better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I would be very careful contacting your manager if he is on sick leave. The company may have rules in relation to that being acceptable and it may end up worse than better for you.

Agreed but to me it looks like the OP has nothing to lose at this stage tbh.

A message to the original manager via something like LinkedIn will either be ignored or acted on. If the original manager does nothing then it's time to prepare for the worst.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Agreed but to me it looks like the OP has nothing to lose at this stage tbh.

A message to the original manager via something like LinkedIn will either be ignored or acted on. If the original manager does nothing then it's time to prepare for the worst.
    Well tbh I don't even want to see the face of my manager if anything wrong happens to me as out of everything I trusted him.am not sure if I should contact him or not. I have his phone number but again am not sure why he's off sick. He was also not able to manage the situation in the team so at times u believe he just escaped from it.

I think am already prepared for the worst case scenario . But again feel it's not right

Could it be a case that am reading it all wrong and worst case is just this bad feedback that I received .
    Don't have much experience in Irish industry here so is this quite common here?? And the way it's done is it sure shot end of job for me ?

At one side i am thinking of resigning on the day if they say that they don't want to continue with me. Will that be saving grace in any sense or they can reject my resignation .

Don't think I will get a new job that easily coz of visa issues but what will happen to my references . If I end in a bad note I. E showing the Sr. Manager and HR all emails and tell them it's unfair but I can't do anything -- will that affect my future references ?

Ok, I'm not really getting how you took up the comment about you being different as racist, as it's not clear to me what it meant.

Anyway I think what's happened here is the perfect storm. You joined an organisation as a new manager/team lead, two of your subordinates with a fair chunk of time in the company objected to this, and you've not had enough support from your manager to deal with the situation.

It's now gone on for so long that most likely the senior manager has decided you are not the right "fit" for the organisation and is documenting every trivial issue they find with you so as to make a case not to extend your contract after probation.

I'd say at this stage that you'll be let go towards the end of your probation tbh.
    Am the only on non eu in the team mix of guys and gals in the team . So that's the only difference . My manager took it in the same way what I think so he got angry .
    Overall it does not look at a happy ending. Don't wan to lose job for personal financial and how difficult to get a new job. So not happy about the situation :(

I too was ignoring a few things from my side as I wanted peace in my head.

Now this time I got a big form filled out for the Sr Manager on how I had not been performing and how the team is getting affected.

So never had any good feedback in writing but had this bad feedback in writing including the point she told me that the previous manager gave not so good feedback and already there was some work being done to help you with your performance.
    NO clue where this came from and who is actually lying, my manager whos off sick or this sr manger whos using his name.

First Written email- I didnt say anything after her email.

In 2nd meeting I gave her background of what was happening in the last few months and how a couple of team members were harassing me because they were in the system for 7-8 yrs and didnt want to report me, and their shortcomings are reflected in my performance and not theirs.(not to blame but to give her background). Again she sent minutes of meeting with my shortcomings and new mistakes (no details on what I spoke to her about and examples I gave her).

The shortcomings and mistakes were very minor and everyone could do on the day to day job or were related to someone else in the team but somehow I was being blamed. ( I HAVE proofs for this in emails). But it clearly looked like a case of documenting my mistakes ---- which looks to me now is that something is being planned behind my back so they can end my probation.

I was on 3 months contract + almost 5 months in probation . My earlier manager and Hr said it was ok to end my probation after 6 months and not 9 months. but this sr manager says she wont consider the contract period. which was still ok as am due to finish, but taking notes now at this stage when it was never done in last 8 months on the good work.

P.S - i am not from EU and in my country i never seen such things in IT. and its considered a good profession away from this kind of politics or I never experienced them -working for 10+ yrs and always considered myself as good performer.

Going back to the 2nd meeting notes from my sr manager I tried to action a couple of them but was again not supported by the team (which I passed to my sr manager) to show her that this is still happening.
    But again I will know she will put it back on me that it was my interpersonal skill and conflict management that I am not able to resolve, so to put another point in the notes that shes is maintaining. So getting screwed from all ends. when you sr manager is not even a bit supportive knowing the facts.
    Well tbh I don't even want to see the face of my manager if anything wrong happens to me as out of everything I trusted him.am not sure if I should contact him or not. I have his phone number but again am not sure why he's off sick. He was also not able to manage the situation in the team so at times u believe he just escaped from it.

I think am already prepared for the worst case scenario . But again feel it's not right

Could it be a case that am reading it all wrong and worst case is just this bad feedback that I received .
    Don't have much experience in Irish industry here so is this quite common here?? And the way it's done is it sure shot end of job for me ?

At one side i am thinking of resigning on the day if they say that they don't want to continue with me. Will that be saving grace in any sense or they can reject my resignation .

Don't think I will get a new job that easily coz of visa issues but what will happen to my references . If I end in a bad note I. E showing the Sr. Manager and HR all emails and tell them it's unfair but I can't do anything -- will that affect my future references ?

See the edited post I've quoted above, there's a fair few issues that you've called out there, from you ignoring stuff, not managing your team, and being told there are issues with your interpersonal skills. If you get let go, I'd not be expecting a reference.
    Am the only on non eu in the team mix of guys and gals in the team . So that's the only difference . My manager took it in the same way what I think so he got angry .
    Overall it does not look at a happy ending. Don't wan to lose job for personal financial and how difficult to get a new job. So not happy about the situation :(

Is everyone else on the team Irish and all male/female, or is it a mix of nationalities? Are you any chance from Asia?

• Advertisement

See the edited post I've quoted above, there's a fair few issues that you've called out there, from you ignoring stuff, not managing your team, and being told there are issues with your interpersonal skills. If you get let go, I'd not be expecting a reference.

Is everyone else on the team Irish and all male/female, or is it a mix of nationalities? Are you any chance from Asia?
    Yes

Yes its mostly Irish and some EU.Am only non Irish . not a small company but they have very little Non EU crowd.

By ignoring means i was ignoring any gossips and any smoking gangs and discussions they were upto. I was managing a separate project for the last 1-2 months so there wasnt much iteraction. If the onus to talk was only one sided...
    for any common meeting I always used to ask the guys if they are going and so we could go together and there is some interaction.. but it never came from other side and they would simply walk off... thats one of the examples..

was too busy in my project in last couple of months that I ws ignoring such stupid things.

Advertisement