Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Messed up widows 8 install

• 27-08-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

This is kind of a strange one and I’m stumped by it so looking for guidance. A friend has a Fujitsu Lifebook laptop with windows 8.1 (64 bit). They tried to update to windows 10 but the update failed somewhere – they’re not sure exactly what happened – and they ended up rolling it back to 8.1. They’ve now passed it on to me to solve the problem but I’ve run into major issues. Firstly when I ran windows update the Windows 10 update was available, apparently downloaded, and I got a message that the update was ready and I should restart but when I did the PC ran a check of the c: drive and rebooted to windows 8.1. Now everytime I try to run the windows 10 update it fails with an error: 800700C1.

Also when I try to run the windows update from DVD, or the Media Creation Tool, I get a message that “This app can’t run on your PC – To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.”. I also get this message if I try to run Task Manager, Device Manager, Services, Msconfig, regedit or the command prompt. It seems that the windows 8.1 install is corrupted. Is there any way I can reinstall windows 8 and keep the programs installed. I don’t have the Fujitsu backup disks.

PC crashes randomly and often also.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

To fix 800700c1 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):

1) Start your computer & log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools & then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option & then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list & then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭mossie

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    To fix 800700c1 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):

1) Start your computer & log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools & then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option & then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list & then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Thanks, unfortunately System restore also gave the “This app can’t run on your PC – To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.” message. Had to boot from a windows 8 cd and refresh the installation so finally got around it but lost all the installed programs.

Advertisement