Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project timekeeping in MS Access

Options
  • 27-08-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm new to MS Access and as a little challenge I'm trying to move a project timesheet that I have set up in Excel over to Access.

The Excel file that I have now consists of 7 sheets for 7 different staff members and one final sheet that totals the monthly hours worked on the project.

The layout of the individual staff member’s sheet is:
    Date Day Work Package Task Number Description of work Location Hours Worked
    Total

and at the bottom a monthly total.

My question is: What is the best way to achieve this.

As a starting point, is it correct to have one table for Work Packages, one for Tasks and One for listing staff?
    How then do I bring this to a stage where each staff has a simple interface where they can input the hours worked and simply select the work package and task?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, I would then construct a form for each staff member with the relevant fields from the relevant tables. Each person then opens up their respective form, inputs the necessary data which updates to the tables. Information can the be extracted from tables via a query. Been a while since I used Access but it shouldn't be too difficult. Enjoy!!

Ephraim

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

Thanks,
    I'll give it a try.

Advertisement