Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking bye-law enforcement

Options
  • 27-08-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

My son is in a band and they are looking to go to Dublin on Saturday to Busk on Grafton Street. They want to use amps. We have told him about the bye law and the need for the 30+60 euro permit. All the band are under 16. How strict are things on Grafton street? Will they be asked for a permit, and what happens if they are.

Don't really want them to play without the permit, but they are kids, and think they'll be grand.

Thanks,
    Domer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not sure how closely it is being monitored but I have seen permits on everyone playing so I am guessing it is being done. Doesn't seem like a good idea to go out there without one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

There is gardai constantly on Grafton Street and they enforce their set of rules eg no cycling on Grafton Street, even when it's quite.

I doubt the gardai will care your son is a minor. Its the law

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'd say that any busker that HAS paid for a license will kick up a fuss if un-licensed bands start taking prime busking spots.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Yea, they won't get away with doing it on Grafton Street.

Advertisement