Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC for second time

• 27-08-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

I done my leaving cert in 2010 and repeated in 2011 at the time I didn't no why I wanted to do.

The past 3 years I have wanted to do primary teaching but don't have higher level Irish. Should I do n arts degree in ucd nd repeat my Irish and go on to study primary teaching or would I be better to repeat my whole leaving cert again?

All opinions welcome thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Depends on your financial situation really.
    You will only get grants/free fees once.

Do you have enough points for primary teaching and are just missing HL Irish?
    If so you can just repeat Irish HL I think and then reapply to the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cocopops2015

No I haven't enough points for primary teaching I have enough to do arts in ucd

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Depends on your financial situation really.
    You will only get grants/free fees once.

Do you have enough points for primary teaching and are just missing HL Irish?
    If so you can just repeat Irish HL I think and then reapply to the CAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭leesadin

How old are you?? Are you old enough to get in as a mature student? Then the points won't matter and you can just sit the HL Irish to get the grade needed.

Advertisement