Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent advice needed about flatmate

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Hope it all goes peacefully op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

OP why don't you put up your own ad looking for a place and see if anything comes up also try other sites like adverts.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 sobeitamen

acidbotti wrote: »
    So... There have been developments. The Gardai and the landlord have been involved. It has gone beyond messy. I am set to move out Wednesday as it stands. I am due to get my deposit tomorrow. As it stands if I do not receive it I am in an incredibly strong position to report him for seriously breaking the law. Can't really say much more at the moment.

Hopefully it'll end peacefully and I can leave this all behind me!

As for finding a place I had no luck over the weekend. One place popped up on daft and there must have been hundreds of people on the ad. I'm hoping as it's the beginning of the working week tomorrow more places will become available.

well done. not easy to do that but needful. good luck and that is one lucky dog to have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Put an ad up saying your looking for a place. Just a piece of advice as my dads a landlord of other houses, don't move a dog in without telling them. I know one of the houses my dad rents out, they have birds, which he knows about but if he didn't he would as he does inspections. You will find somehwere best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 acidbotti

Well I've moved out. I'm now crashing with friends until something reasonable comes up. I went viewing places the last few days but sky high prices because of the students and lack of decent options. It's dog eat dog out there.

Anyway it turned out that the guy I was living with wasn't even a tenant, he was effectively caretaker for the landlord while he found a buyer for it. So he had no right to have me in there. They had an arrangement that he'd pay a certain amount based on single occupancy but I was paying the majority. He was basically paying €50 a month. Safe to say the landlord wasn't happy with the situation. From what I understand the landlord hit him for the rent I had paid him the two months I was there. I got the majority of the deposit back which I guess I'll just cut my losses and put down to experience.

It's been a stressful nightmare of a situation, one I really hope I don't have to repeat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I'm glad you're out of there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement