Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 16 or Pes 2016

Options
  • 28-08-2015 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭

I'm genuinely having a difficult time deciding which one I'll go for this year.

On one hand I like the sound of FIFA potentially having cut out the ball over the top's overpowered nature and better defending options to defend against pace abusers but I've heard this before and a week in the online community will just be exploiting some new weakness.

On the other hand I did enjoy Pes 2015 but in the end the lack of game modes ment I went back to FIFA after about 6 months. I'd say I will enjoy master league more than career mode but the MyClub is a long long way from UT.

So what are other people's thoughts? Is there one thing that has lead you to choose one over the other this year. Being a student I won't be able to buy both, not at release anyway. Can't play both to a decent standard at the same time either.

Fifa 16 or Pes 16 132 votes

Fifa 16
    0%
    Pes 16
    35%
    thegameUnearthlyjoe123BernszarquonBlazerAmiraniKirbySimply Red4realmiralizesimonwThunbergsAreGoCS Hasukithebigladprettyboy81Tin_CupLegwinskihotsHellboundIRL 47 votes
    Both
    50%
    Dont be at yourselfbalkieb2002DcullyCyrus[Deleted User]whiskeymanRVN10breenoNailzRiesen_MealthorbarryfatbhoyVic Vinegartheteals_carnagePac1Mandoyler442wandatowelltigger123callaway92 66 votes
    Neither
    14%
    JulezBatesymailrewopPyjamaramaLuckycharms_74dublinceltkevovekGamer Bhoy 89Dunnie1982UnleashTheBeastkeithc83deano546martineatworldv3tteldeafroadrunnerpeteeeedFuzzy Logicdrugstore cowboyEoinAFC 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Both
    I have to say that I'm probably in the majority of gamers who were once PES heads (technically I was an ISS and ISS Deluxe head first) and are now FIFA heads....

I have to say that this year I've loved the PES demo, it feels fresh and it feels challenging and it feels fun. If all FIFA can offer me is updated squads and kits (which a PES option file can give me I should say), I think that this year I may revert back to PES. There's something about the PES demo I love and I think it's that every game I play genuinely feels different even when I just re-match the game I just played.

I am burned out with caring about upgrades to Ultimate Team (which I don't play) and women's football to FIFA. Womens football is a great and welcome addition but not a game seller for me. FIFA is now utterly predictable to me when playing against the AI and I'm bored.

So unless the FIFA demo blows my mind, I'm back to PES! €40 online at the moment so an easy choice :)

How about you OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Same as yourself. I played PES from the early 2000s Played fifa at times but alway went back to Pro. That changed around the 2nd year of the PS3 and I've been mainly Fifa for about 6/7 years at this stage, I've also bought the odd pro in those years when it fell in price but roles reversed and always went back to Fifa.

The PES demo has put serious doubt in my mind and with the return of the option file I may just go back. If I see some interesting stuff in master league I think that might just tip me over to PES.

I enjoy online, Seasons mainly and actually just won division 1 in Fifa15. Never got above division 3 in last years Pro but for some reason I felt it was a fairer system. When I'd lose online I'd usually feel like I was just beaten by the better player but with Fifa and especially in the top 2 divisions I sometimes feel like i'm playing the same game over and over. Everyone using the same stuff, Pace, balls over the top and cross field passes in behind the fullbacks and that run from kick off. More pace.

Then again I was thinking about giving UT a serious go this year. I never really got into it and I'm thinking right now its the one thing that might make me pick fifa if I do. I didn't like MyClub at all on PES last year.

This is the closest it's been for years anyway in terms of game quality

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Both
    I hope this is the first year in a while that I can get PES and not need to get FIFA after a while as I get board of it.
    If the gameplay keeps the game fresh (which the demo appears to be), PES will be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Unless the FIFA demo is mindblowing then it will be Pro Evo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Both
    In the same camp as most here played PES on Playstation up until Fifa 09 which was amazing , Thought fifa 15 was quite poor this year and played the recent Pro Evo demo and really enjoyed it, I think I'll pick up Pro evo 1st this year and see what its like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Both
    Think these guys echo what everyone else thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnqjGal8-UY

Both
    RVN10 wrote: »

Great listen! Didn't t think I'd last 17 minutes of it all but it was pretty spot on.

Both
    Great listen! Didn't t think I'd last 17 minutes of it all but it was pretty spot on.

I was very the same 17 mins a bit long but they nailed it on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Both
    I was very the same 17 mins a bit long but they nailed it on the head

In work so can't watch but what were their main points? Which game did they prefer overall?

Both
    They reckon pes has far more going for it and fifa has no major headlines apart from the womens football

• Advertisement

Both
    They reckon pes has far more going for it and fifa has no major headlines apart from the womens football

Did they make any comments on the FUT draft?

Both
    One funny comment which is very true is how FIFA are promoting a trainer as a new innovative feature. Made me laugh.

The gist is that FIFA has peaked and needs some real innovation; that EA are now stuck in development cycles where they're almost far too ahead of themselves thinking of the next game. They suggest that perhaps EA have now too much on their plate like FUT etc and other aspects of the game are moving too incrementally, the game is almost too big.

Whereas with PES they say that given that it has had years in the wilderness it has given Konami space to really develop the game without too much pressure.

One of the key points for me which helped me make my mind up was the individuality of players. They point out that players in PES feel fully rounded whereas in FIFA a lot of players are interchangeable based on one characteristic (swap a top class speedy winger with an average speedy winger and there's not a huge difference).

It's definitely worth a listen.

Both
    One funny comment which is very true is how FIFA are promoting a trainer as a new innovative feature. Made me laugh.

The gist is that FIFA has peaked and needs some real innovation; that EA are now stuck in development cycles where they're almost far too ahead of themselves thinking of the next game. They suggest that perhaps EA have now too much on their plate like FUT etc and other aspects of the game are moving too incrementally, the game is almost too big.

Whereas with PES they say that given that it has had years in the wilderness it has given Konami space to really develop the game without too much pressure.

One of the key points for me which helped me make my mind up was the individuality of players. They point out that players in PES feel fully rounded whereas in FIFA a lot of players are interchangeable based on one characteristic (swap a top class speedy winger with an average speedy winger and there's not a huge difference).

It's definitely worth a listen.

Very good point in that last paragraph. I totally agree with you there. That was even noticeable in PES 2015. My best teams in ultimate in team were bang average cheap squads from serie a or premiership. When I saved up to get more expensive players, they didn't perform half as well.

Whereas in PES 2015, my low rated players were for the most part useless but as soon as I got a Suarez or a Pogba, the difference was massive. They control the game, as they should, and they excel at the parts of their real life game within the actual video game. Now you can of course play to a players strengths and make average players look good, which is quite realistic if you think about it. Andy Carroll, Austin, Borini, Hernandez, Llorente.......the list is endless

Going to get the fifa trial on Thursday with ea access. if it dosent grab me, Ill get pes on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pes 16
    that video definitely swung me over to PES..have preordered Fifa16 deluxe and will defintely get PES now. Where's a good place to get a cheap copy?

Both
    Blazer wrote: »
    that video definitely swung me over to PES..have preordered Fifa16 deluxe and will defintely get PES now. Where's a good place to get a cheap copy?

Game Collection, around €40 on PS4 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Both
    I've been buying fifa since 09 because it was simply the better football game but now im definitely going back to pro evo this year. Been looking online to find the best price as usually the likes of smyths, Tesco and argos are my first port of call due to their decent ranges but this year €60-€65 seems to be the range for PS4 which is a little disappointing. anyone have any other suggestions? Id like to buy it in shop rather than online as Im going away Friday for the weekend and would like to have it in my possession.

Both
    If you order off The Game Collection, there's a good chance you'll have it on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Pes 16

From the off I just cannot agree with one thing. He says that there is very little difference between FIFA 15 and FIFA 16.

This is either coming from someone who played very little FIFA or is just talking nonsense. I probably played way too much FIFA for my own good but the game is noticeably slower this year. I mean its obvious straight away. FIFA 15 was ridiculous in terms of its speed.

If you can't notice that then its hard take his opinion seriously. If yere undecided, Id advise keeping an eye out for the likes of Airjapes on Youtube or even Bateson. These guys play a lot of FIFA and are fairly solid in terms of the content they release. Especially Air Japes.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Both
    If you order off The Game Collection, there's a good chance you'll have it on Friday...

Thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement

Both

Not shipped yet anyway so hopefully it will be by this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Both
    Colemania wrote: »
    Not shipped yet anyway so hopefully it will be by this afternoon.

Can someone link the ps4 Pes for €40 ?

I only see it at £35 sterling

Might allow me to justify the buy

Thanks.

Both
    Can someone link the ps4 Pes for €40 ?

I only see it at £35 sterling

Might allow me to justify the buy

Thanks.

Price has gone up it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Both
    Price has gone up it seems.

Are they generally reputable enough?

I'd never heard of them tbh.

Seem to have decent prices overall.

Thanks

Both
    Are they generally reputable enough?

I'd never heard of them tbh.

Seem to have decent prices overall.

Thanks

Yep I've only ordered once and it came extremely quickly, no problems at all. Their trustpilot rating is crazy high and they're based in Wales.

Would definitely recommend them, I've already put the rest of my pre-orders for this year with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Both
    used love PES back in the glory days playing (beating) the brother, but been a FIFA head past years like most people...

I am really excited about PES 2016 though having played FIFA+PES demo's on PS4 last week...and reading some of the PES reviews.

Was just getting sick to back teeth of playing fifa seasons against people picking real madrid all the time passing straight to ronaldo or bale and sprinting/tricks to score...
    Defo getting too arcady the PES demo feels like a proper soccer game am almost sure will buy it but waiting till Fifa reviews next week..
    I remember thinking womens teams sounds like a bandaid addition that EA have run out of ideas.

I love how PES got champions league rights best comp in the world and stuff like copa america. As for player names used find the random names a laugh and u can get fixes by sound of it...

Only negatives saw on PES was seemingly u can take a players head off and ref will wave play on..even if goes in my favour as bit of dirty player!
    one of those things that u imagine is easy fix strange.
    And also that i'd never get a game online, but it seems the PES movement is growing so might not be an issue

the king is dead, long live the king

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pes 16
    Been playing UT on Fifa and its awful. By far the worst fifa I've played in years...trying to cancel my €100 fifa order and get PES instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Im thinking that I might make the switch back to pes this year too for a bit of variety if nothing else.

One question, are option files definitely going to be available for ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Im thinking that I might make the switch back to pes this year too for a bit of variety if nothing else.

One question, are option files definitely going to be available for ps4?

No option files at least right now but you can get all the real kits by downloading the image files and applying them yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Both
    Morshlac wrote: »
    the king is dead, long live the king

pah looks like fifa might have pulled it off again, getting some good reviews
    in fact the negative ones kinda seem a bit forced like the reviewer really wants to hate it

not sure which to get now

fifa, just like Kilkenny or the All Blacks

Advertisement