Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 16 or Pes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Neither
    http://www.metacritic.com/ are helping , both at 87%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Ardent

Re-posting my thoughts from elsewhere -

I think the IGN reviews are laughable. 9.5 for PES and 7.8 for FIFA. Same reviewer for both, and clearly a PES fanboy or in receipt of a fat wad from Konami.

I just played both today and FIFA is still far superior. PES does some things well but major gripes are the players literally skating around the pitch and passing randomly going astray. Not to mention the greatest hits: inferior graphics, laughable players likenesses and lack of official kits and team names.

The IGN guy nit-picks about things in FIFA like referee-spray-can animations (which you can bypass by pressing X???) and Alan McInally in-game commentary. Really?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Both
    Ardent wrote: »

I think the IGN reviews are laughable. 9.5 for PES and 7.8 for FIFA. Same reviewer for both, and clearly a PES fanboy or in receipt of a fat wad from Konami.

I just played both today and FIFA is still far superior. PES does some things well but major gripes are the players literally skating around the pitch and passing randomly going astray. Not to mention the greatest hits: inferior graphics, laughable players likenesses and lack of official kits and team names.

The IGN guy nit-picks about things in FIFA like referee-spray-can animations (which you can bypass by pressing X???) and Alan McInally in-game commentary. Really?!

Hmmmm your remarks are quite fanboyish never mind ign.

Horses for courses to be fair with the two games as usual.

Some will like Fifa, some will prefer pes.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Both

i'd have to agree that complaining about doing the spray can thing seems a bit trite, the more of this stuff is included the more realistic it is?

i played both demo's again last night, you really don't pick up from the Fifa demo anything they are saying in the Fifa reviews.
    In the demo seems the exact same game as last year don't see any slowed down game, and still all about pace...I played few games and were all 3-2 including overpowered headers every game..

i think the leniant refereeing makes PES games a bit farcical too although reviews saying its a minor gripe not so sure...it does seem to feel a bit better playing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

After playing the two demos back to back for a while I think Im gonna go with Pes this year. Fifa 16 seems very much the same as 15 which I play a lot. Pes seems quite new and arcadey and just different.

Hopefully the master league is quite in depth. I had the Fifa 16 career mode beta and again it was nearly identical to Fifa 15.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

PES is alright, nothing more, FIFA is still the better bang for your buck imo. Its also better to play with friends than PES

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Both
    Posted this in another thread but prob best ask here...

played the fifa and PES demo's (PS4) and was far more impressed with PES, fifa same old arcady pace game.. and looking at reviews metatcritic give an aggregate and PES 16 a clear winner now..

but reading this thread veering back torwards Fifa again, played hardly any of the offline modes playing the AI in fifa boring but also my time limited playing other games etc.., so love jumping on for a quick game of Seasons.
    U are matched against anyone just pick a team and quick 10 minute game, go up and down league tables.
    Does PES have something similar?

It does sound like PES a bit of a disaster online so despite the improvements i might be better off going Fifa again.. its still a very good game.

Playing my bro might be a laugh scything down everyone of his players without a yellow card but might get bit ridiculous too the refs..

or just stick with fifa 15 a while since not much changes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Both
    http://kotaku.com/fifa-16-vs-pes-2016-which-is-better-1732271050

Great comparison piece. Seems very unbiased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Both

And you sound like a FIFA, EA fanboy. Not liking FIFA does not mean they are biased. And the "laughable" issues are easily fixed in PES with option files/editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

For someone who is only interested in career mode which is better? Im a Fifa player but im really getting bored with the same stuff every year. Can you download all the kits and names for Pes? Im a PS3 player btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Noteworthy to me was that HMV were selling FIFA for €25 more than PES.
    I wonder will people start voting with their wallets?
    I picked up FIFA but am thinking of buying PES in the new year or on a Amazon sale like last year.
    I felt this year's game was similar to last year which I didn't put enough time into but I'd like to see how people on here get on with PES as I'm mainly a single player gamer & I want to see it do well as a religious fan of PES 1-6

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Both
    deadybai wrote: »
    For someone who is only interested in career mode which is better? Im a Fifa player but im really getting bored with the same stuff every year. Can you download all the kits and names for Pes? Im a PS3 player btw.

Fifa is better with immersion and has a lot more options but just for pure gameplay PES is far better. Playing against the computer in fifa is bland absolutely soul destroying at times but I'm loving every game in pes.
    Playing master league in PES this year is easily the most fun I've ever had with a sports game
    Fifa online Pes offline would be the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Both
    I just played both today and FIFA is still far superior. PES does some things well but major gripes are the players literally skating around the pitch and passing randomly going astray.

I'm a massive fan of both games, but that just sounds like you're bad at the game.
    Not to mention the greatest hits: inferior graphics, laughable players likenesses and lack of official kits and team names.

Pretty sure PES is the first football sim in 1080p. I could be wrong though on that one. The lack of official kits is no fault of Konami. Instead of EA actually trying to compete with Konami with gameplay, they pay off leagues and teams to not allow any competitors use their kits and logos etc. The reason they do this is they know the majority of ordinary people are idiots that get distracted by bright and shiny things.

One thing I'll say about fifa though is they do great free kicks.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Kieran17%20x/video/10409462

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Really like the look and feel of the PES demo....I don't play offline games against the computer find them extremely boring so nearly all my game time is online.....but the PES has an online feel to the games offline ....I had both last year, gave up on PES because the keepers online made the game impossible to enjoy, and from reading around that problem seems to remain which is a shame ......I'll get Fifa and then possibly PES when the price comes down

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Both

No it's not, it's realistic. Mistakes happen. What's hilarious is Fifa's perfect keepers that are so predictable and never make mistakes.

Both
    fatbhoy wrote: »
    No it's not, it's realistic. Mistakes happen. What's hilarious is Fifa's perfect keepers that are so predictable and never make mistakes.

What has the first video got to do with the keepers?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Both
    fatbhoy wrote: »

There's nothing realistic about the ball going wide and getting a goal. I played Fifa from 10-15 and bar its faults it's fun with friends but I'll be showing my mates those videos if they bring up buying fifa this year. Fifa 16 is the first football game I've ever seen where the basic fundamental rule of football where you put the ball in the back of the net to get a goal doesn't exist. I know a lot of people will play fifa no matter what and maybe it's a rare glitch but thats a ****ing shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

They are both mistakes in fifa as well? That first one is awful bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

After playing both for a few hours each, I think PES is a superior football game in terms of controls and gameplay.

But I've begrudgingly gone for Fifa, as that's what all the mates bought. I may try pick up PES a month down the line.

Both
    They are both mistakes in fifa as well? That first one is awful bad

The internet is littered with these Fifa ghost goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'd love if those ghost goals were actually because the games were pirated copies. :D

The thing I find most disagreeable about these kind of discussions is that the games aren't even out a month yet. The depth to both is immeasurable how in the actual fck can reviewers tell which is the "better" game. More to the point, they actually offer different types of experiences. I'd say the same thing I say every year. They're both very good games and people should really get both. FIFA is arguably the more realistic approach to soccer. Tactics and playing your teams "systems" matter more than relying on an individual player. That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be more enjoyable.

Honestly, get both. They're different kinds of experiences and if like me you like footie games you'll enjoy both anyway. :)

Both
    Turtwig wrote: »
    FIFA is arguably the more realistic approach to soccer. Tactics and playing your teams "systems" matter more than relying on an individual player.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ThemFifaGoals

Both
    I never taught that pro evo would ever recapture its glory days & overtake Fifa as the best football game on the market..but after a 5 or 6 year hiatus from pro evo I've made the switch back..the game is amazing..hopefully it gives the lads at EA the kick up the hole they need, Fifa has gone stale & needs to rebuilt from the ground up..the game engine is outdated..I can only see Konami building on this years release..they just needed to get back on top & now that they've reclaimed the crown, I can't see then letting it go anytime soon..it's cool to play pro evo again..just like the old days!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Both
    I have bought both this year. I've had the last 5 fifa titles but always used to play pro evo. Having spent few weeks on both I have to say for pure enjoyment pro evo smashes fifa. Fifa has become complacent. EA are more interested in the revenue from ultimate team than innovating. Apart from improved graphics it's the same basic game year in year out. It's gone stale. Pro evo has really stepped up. For gameplay alone fifa can't touch it. Fifa feels heavy and slow in comparison,even with game speed turned up. Shooting passing dribbling all feel far better in pro evo. It has its niggles. Issues with licences are easily overcome on ps4 with the added bonus that the editing guys are now releasing top notch retro kits too. Failure to update transfer lists is a bigger problem. But because they gameplay is so good,you'll over look that because at the end of the day,you play to enjoy yourself and pro evo is far better at that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The only thing that will sway me from buying either is the manual controls gameplay/community. Is FIFA still better in that regard? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Both
    I haven't voted on this thread because I haven't played PES at all yet, so I don't think it would be fair to give a vote.

But what I will say is that I think I am among the group of people who are growing tired of FIFA. These soccer games have always been about incremental annual upgrades as opposed to drastic improvements/re-imaginings, but the "upgrades" that took place between this years' and the previous years' FIFA games have been so minuscule and insignificant.
    Because of this I have decided that I won't be getting a high-priced FIFA title in the future, unless there are clear and large improvements and additional content for the game. Thankfully I got my FIFA for just over €30 thanks to some Supervalu shenanigans, otherwise I would feel FIFA 16 is a waste of €60-€80!

As an old PS2 generation PES player, I'm delighted to see and hear about PES' return to form between this year and last year, and I will gladly jump right back into their bandwagon next year ahead of FIFA if this form continues; which I fully expect it to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thinking about it and I know would never happen but new games should be released every 2/3 yrs....would give plenty time for game development with new innovations ......maybe each year a nominal fee for squad updates for online play ....and as say of course it would never happen, but as is people a forking out good money each year for a game with a few minor tweaks (and those squad updates)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

crunchie44 wrote: »
    I have bought both this year. I've had the last 5 fifa titles but always used to play pro evo. Having spent few weeks on both I have to say for pure enjoyment pro evo smashes fifa. Fifa has become complacent. EA are more interested in the revenue from ultimate team than innovating. Apart from improved graphics it's the same basic game year in year out. It's gone stale. Pro evo has really stepped up. For gameplay alone fifa can't touch it. Fifa feels heavy and slow in comparison,even with game speed turned up. Shooting passing dribbling all feel far better in pro evo. It has its niggles. Issues with licences are easily overcome on ps4 with the added bonus that the editing guys are now releasing top notch retro kits too. Failure to update transfer lists is a bigger problem. But because they gameplay is so good,you'll over look that because at the end of the day,you play to enjoy yourself and pro evo is far better at that

PES was brilliant last year too BUT online was a joke. If Konami can't fix that they'll never win the war.

Advertisement