Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Middleton "Open Day" Saturday 5th September

Options
  • 28-08-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from Mr Middleton.Their yearly warehouse openday is taking place on Saturday 5th September from 9am-5:30pm.Some good deals to be had on bulbs,plants and gardening equipement too.Warehouse is up in Dublin Industrial Estate which is accross the road from Glasnevin cemetary.

www .mrmiddleton .com /mr-middletons- open-day/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got that email too, anyone gone to these before? Was it worth the trip?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Same here, debating whether to go or do some work in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Just back from it 200 spring bulbs bought. Worth the trip in my eyes good value spent 60 euro mainly on tulips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Good day was had by all.Met Bertie Ahern there and chatted with him for a couple of minutes.Bought lots more allium bulbs in different varieties,bought some snowdrop bulbs and some more camassia alba bulbs.Mr Middleton staff were very friendly and more than helpfull.Got 2 free bags of crocus bulbs off them as a thankyou gift.Enjoyable afternoon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Good day was had by all.Met Bertie Ahern there and chatted with him for a couple of minutes.Bought lots more allium bulbs in different varieties,bought some snowdrop bulbs and some more camassia alba bulbs.Mr Middleton staff were very friendly and more than helpfull.Got 2 free bags of crocus bulbs off them as a thankyou gift.Enjoyable afternoon.:)

You met Bertie Ahern and it was still an enjoyable afternoon. That's a dedicated gardener in my opinion.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Enjoy the camassia, I got some a few years ago and they are just stunning in the springtime.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    You met Bertie Ahern and it was still an enjoyable afternoon. That's a dedicated gardener in my opinion.:rolleyes:

Yes I had an enjoyable afternoon and Im a non judgemental person aswell.Mr Ahern is an avid gardener himself.He has an allotment where he grows fruit and veg and he does alot of gardening at home too.I had a really nice afternoon buying different bulbs and plants and chatting to Mr Ahern other avid gardeners too.:)

pwurple wrote: »
    Enjoy the camassia, I got some a few years ago and they are just stunning in the springtime.

Stunning beutifiull flower,it only flowers for around a month in May,but its a beautifull flower.I have a mixture of
    Camassia leichtlinii 'Caerulea" and Camassia leichtlinii "alba" in the garden.
    When they flowered in May it was lovely to see the purples mixed in with the whites.So I bought more of them on Saturday to add into another part of the garden for next May:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Stunning beutifiull flower,it only flowers for around a month in May,but its a beautifull flower.I have a mixture of
    Camassia leichtlinii 'Caerulea" and Camassia leichtlinii "alba" in the garden.
    When they flowered in May it was lovely to see the purples mixed in with the whites.So I bought more of them on Saturday to add into another part of the garden for next May:)

Sounds gorgeous. I originally got mine for a small shaded area, but I got a notion to go changing the shape of the bed, doing some ferns etc, and 'temporarily' put them in raised herb bed instead, mixed with pink tulips and a load of chives. They're still there, and I think I'll have to get more at some stage for the shady bed.

IMG_20150425_131435_001.jpg

I love their form as well. Even if they only flower for a few weeks, the green spears look great as they are coming up.

pwurple wrote: »
    Sounds gorgeous. I originally got mine for a small shaded area, but I got a notion to go changing the shape of the bed, doing some ferns etc, and 'temporarily' put them in raised herb bed instead, mixed with pink tulips and a load of chives. They're still there, and I think I'll have to get more at some stage for the shady bed.

IMG_20150425_131435_001.jpg

I love their form as well. Even if they only flower for a few weeks, the green spears look great as they are coming up.
    Sounds and looks lovely.
    In a few years the Camassia will form large clumps and beautifull masses of purple flowers.I like my ferns too.From very smallsemi evergreen blechnum ferns to the large shuttlecock ferns and also some of the native irish ferns too.:)

Advertisement