Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with engineer visit to configure line.

Options
  • 28-08-2015 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Several weeks ago I ordered Sky broadband, and eventually Sky arranged to have an Eircom engineer visit on the 17th to configure the line. After receiving no communication from the engineer on the day, I rearranged with Sky for the 28th (today), stressing I needed an early appointment, and taking a half day of leave to accommodate. By 10:45 I still received absolutely no communication from the engineer to even confirm what time to expect the engineer.

Is there any particular reason this level of service from eircom is acceptable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Suttree wrote: »
    Several weeks ago I ordered Sky broadband, and eventually Sky arranged to have an Eircom engineer visit on the 17th to configure the line. After receiving no communication from the engineer on the day, I rearranged with Sky for the 28th (today), stressing I needed an early appointment, and taking a half day of leave to accommodate. By 10:45 I still received absolutely no communication from the engineer to even confirm what time to expect the engineer.

Is there any particular reason this level of service from eircom is acceptable?
    Hi Suttree

There are industry regulations in place restricting eircoms accessibility and insight in to orders placed with other providers. These restrictions also blocking me having any insight to wholesale agreements between other providers and eircom wholesale meaning that I will be unfortunately be unable to assist you with this matter. I do apologies for any inconvenience created as a result of this and the best advice I can offer you is to contact your provider for further clarification.

Thank you
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Suttree

Thanks for the reply.  I've contacted Sky and have a complaint with them, and from discussing it with their sales reps the extent of their assistance is to once more reschedule the appointment - as this would be my third appointment I don't have any great faith this will achieve anything other than to continue to whittle down my annual leave waiting for an eircom engineer who has proven unreliable.

There's surely a department in eircom that I can query who do have access to wholesale orders with third party providers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the reply.  I've contacted Sky and have a complaint with them, and from discussing it with their sales reps the extent of their assistance is to once more reschedule the appointment - as this would be my third appointment I don't have any great faith this will achieve anything other than to continue to whittle down my annual leave waiting for an eircom engineer who has proven unreliable.
    There's surely a department in eircom that I can query who do have access to wholesale orders with third party providers?
    Hi Suttree

There is no department in eircom that you can query orders with third party providers. I'm sorry we cannot help and I hope this gets sorted for you soon,

Thanks
    Al

What are the regulations that prevent you from investigating this, specifically? Since eircom, as the sole line provider in Ireland are effectively hampering me getting access to a phone line, I'd like to know what to quote before going to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

What are the regulations that prevent you from investigating this, specifically? 
    The guys here work for eircom retail, I believe.

• Advertisement

jd wrote: »
    The guys here work for eircom retail, I believe.

My question is what specific regulation prevents a member of eircom customer support from contacting the relevant department dealing with lone engineers, or providing details on who to contact (other than the third party) who can provide answers as to why the engineer didn't bother showing up for the first appointment, or provide assurances for what will now the the third appointment.

Sky have said they're completely at the mercy of eircom and can't be more proactive, with eircom providing the minimum standard of service they're legally required (which in my experience as a previous eircom customer sounds about right), while eircom say I have to contact Sky.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Comreg have a lot of regulations regarding how Eircom's wholesale and retail arms interact, and eircom wholesale (and networks) will not give details of one operator's customers to another operator (including in both cases eircom retail). I'm not sure what you can do but complain to Sky, and then Comreg.

Took a full day off work to wait for the network engineer - apparently his windows was before 12:30. Still no sign, of course. Sky have said they "hope" he shows up, and if not we can always reschedule a new appointment (I would personally have thought three seperate appointments taking up two days of leave would have been sufficient, but apparently not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Took a full day off work to wait for the network engineer - apparently his windows was before 12:30. Still no sign, of course. Sky have said they "hope" he shows up, and if not we can always reschedule a new appointment (I would personally have thought three seperate appointments taking up two days of leave would have been sufficient, but apparently not).
    Hi Suttree, 

I completely understand your frustration with this however we are not able to access your order here as it's through a third party. 
    Your existing service provider would be able to offer updates on this by contacting our wholesale team.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement