Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard drive issue??

• 28-08-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,
    My macbook froze last night so I restated it and when it turned on instead of the normal start up a folder with a question mark just flashed. I checked all the cables inside and they seem fine so I decided to reinstall the os but when it asks me to select a location to install it there isn't one I can choose. So the hard drive is f**ked yeah??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sounds like it alright!

What generation macbook is it? What kind of hard disk does it have?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JohnnySmiles

Sounds like it alright!

What generation macbook is it? What kind of hard disk does it have?

Damn it :(

It's an 2011 I think and is using a Hitachi 250gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Damn it :(

It's an 2011 I think and is using a Hitachi 250gb

Did you have your files backed up? If not, it may still be possible to recover.

But regardless you'll have to buy a new disk and replace the dead one. I'd recommend an SSD for your machine if you had ~€100 to spare. The install should be relatively simple, and seeing as you have already attempted to reinstall the OS, that shouldn't be a problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JohnnySmiles

Did you have your files backed up? If not, it may still be possible to recover.

But regardless you'll have to buy a new disk and replace the dead one. I'd recommend an SSD for your machine if you had ~€100 to spare. The install should be relatively simple, and seeing as you have already attempted to reinstall the OS, that shouldn't be a problem either.

Yeah I had them backed up. Thanks for all your help. It was easy enough to pop out the old one so I'd say I shouldn't have any problems.

Advertisement