Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive issue??

• 28-08-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,
    My macbook froze last night so I restated it and when it turned on instead of the normal start up a folder with a question mark just flashed. I checked all the cables inside and they seem fine so I decided to reinstall the os but when it asks me to select a location to install it there isn't one I can choose. So the hard drive is f**ked yeah??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is the drive showing in Disk Utility? If so, try repairing it.

I assume you are booted from an install disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JohnnySmiles

Is the drive showing in Disk Utility? If so, try repairing it.

I assume you are booted from an install disc.

Yeah I'm using the CD and that is the only thing that shows up on Disk Utility

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try resetting the PRAM. But yeah, the drive has probably failed.

Most older MacBooks are easy enough to install a new hard drive in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JohnnySmiles

Try resetting the PRAM. But yeah, the drive has probably failed.

Most older MacBooks are easy enough to install a new hard drive in.

Cool thanks, I'll give it a go in a bit.

Advertisement