Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Everton

Options
  • 28-08-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Believe it or not I'm actually looking forward to this game ;)

It should be a full house and good atmosphere with the pubs being open for 6 hours before kick off

2 teams quite evenly matched on paper

Reckon there'll be a few goals in it too

We win 3-2 and climb out of the bottom half of the table

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Need to start Trippier, Rose, Clinton and Alli.

Going to the Aviva with the kids for a bit of egg-chasing!:eek: Any good pubs around that area to watch the game. Don't want to be stuck on the Dart or in traffic for the first half!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mullaj00 wrote: »
    Going to the Aviva with the kids for a bit of egg-chasing!:eek: Any good pubs around that area to watch the game. Don't want to be stuck on the Dart or in traffic for the first half!!!

no recomendations for pubs (dublin spurs supporters ,TOM MAYS bar clubhouse, is just off parnell sq ,o connell st) at all sorry but just a word of warning to avoid dub city center from heuston station to connelly station as there is an huge(im going:D) anti water charges protest tomorrow and the garda will have some quays and streets closed for a few hours from 2 on as the march to o connell st begins .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I think I read that Clinton wouldn't be available for this? I'd go with:

Lloris
    Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
    Mason, Dembele
    Chadli, Alli, Townsend
    Kane

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I think I read that Clinton wouldn't be available for this? I'd go with:

Lloris
    Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
    Mason, Dembele
    Chadli, Alli, Townsend
    Kane
    +1
    great choise
    hopefully poch agrees with us there is a perfect balance there :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mullaj00 wrote:
    Going to the Aviva with the kids for a bit of egg-chasing! Any good pubs around that area to watch the game. Don't want to be stuck on the Dart or in traffic for the first half!!!

davycc wrote:
    no recomendations for pubs (dublin spurs supporters ,TOM MAYS bar clubhouse, is just off parnell sq ,o connell st) at all sorry but just a word of warning to avoid dub city center from heuston station to connelly station as there is an huge(im going ) anti water charges protest tomorrow and the garda will have some quays and streets closed for a few hours from 2 on as the march to o connell st begins .

The rugby is at 2.30 and the spurs game is at 5.30... lots of time to make it to Tom Mayes.

I'll probably be there if anyone want to have a pint and punch me in the face for moaning. You won't miss me. I'll be the one wearing the 'Levy out' t-shirt.

The rugby is at 2.30 and the spurs game is at 5.30... lots of time to make it to Tom Mayes.

I'll probably be there if anyone want to have a pint and punch me in the face for moaning. You won't miss me. I'll be the one wearing the 'Levy out' t-shirt.

ah that is a lot more handy i was assuming a 3pm kick off at whl:D

i might try make mayes myself if my legs are still working after the protest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hmmmm anti water charge protest and then anti Levy protest in mayes......sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

This is a massive game, do we have city after this? Don't want to be going into that with 2 points from 4 games. Spurs go crazy, 5-3!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

As long as we don't have 2 points after 8 games.
    ... don't think I could handle all that again.

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    +1
    great choise
    hopefully poch agrees with us there is a perfect balance there :cool:

I agree with this too. Mason and Dembele need to push on into the box though. Bust a gut like!
    Enjoy the march!
    "Levy out! No way we won't pay! Levy out! No way we won't pay!" You'll confuse the ****e out of everyone!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Need to start Trippier

I wonder how many times we're going to say this before it happens!!

Will probably try to get to Mayes but my sidekicks are going to the match! You buying!!??!!:rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Slattery's is right next to the Aviva, handy for after the game but will be packed.

I'd suggest going to the Horse Show House opposite the RDS. It has a big projector screen down the back with all the seats pointing at it. Best view for the match!

As long as we don't have 2 points after 8 games.
    ... don't think I could handle all that again.

Poch out -Harry in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Absolute life and soul of the party you'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Hopefully an exciting game to watch and win will put an icing on the cake after signing Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hoping Alli gets a start today. Would love to see him get a good run out, especially over Lamela.

Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed Alex Pritchard could feature for Tottenham Hotspur today against Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I was there that day - sweet memory - what ever happened to Reto Zeigler and Dean Marney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Marney spent a good few seasons at Hull, still at Burnley now I think.* did he score against us a few years ago for one of those clubs?

Pritchard!

Ugh... I had no intentions of being awake at that time but now I'm tempted...

I was there that day - sweet memory - what ever happened to Reto Zeigler and Dean Marney ?

Lucky sod, had high hopes for Zeigler. I loved Kanoute, chest control was phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Pritchard!

Ugh... I had no intentions of being awake at that time but now I'm tempted...

I'd be surprised if he starts, no match fitness. Really think he could make an impact this season though, he should be starting in the Europa.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is Pritchard actually ready for first team football, or does he just have potential?

Dembele definitely deserves to keep his spot after last weeks performance, and a good run of games like that could really shoot his confidence back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    Is Pritchard actually ready for first team football, or does he just have potential?

Dembele definitely deserves to keep his spot after last weeks performance, and a good run of games like that could really shoot his confidence back up.

The club has decided he's ready. He was one of the best players in the Championship last year.

Kiith wrote: »

Well he's looked brilliant for his previous loan clubs. This has to be his breakthrough season. Him and Alli are my young players to watch for sure..

Also I'd keep hush about Dembele, he's a mercenary. You might get your ears pulled for mentioning he may actually be playing OK for us.

Need the win before going into the international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Current formation not working. Don't need that double pivot at home, dier holding and let alli and dembele try push forward.

Get our wingers to stay wide and not leave it all to kane.

Advertisement