Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Everton

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Tim Howard should have been MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

despite the result and the dissapointment, we were good apart from the last 3rd of the field. created many a chance to get goals but we are desperately in need of an attacking option to take the pressure off of Kane. Problem is we've had the whole summer to address this and are now were we are... 3pts from 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    movement was good but we see it all too often with no end product. A goal would do him the world of good.

I haven't seen it too often, he's usually much deeper, beside Bentaleb. Got a couple of nice goals last term.

Pass of the season to set up Kane's sitter.

Mason was excellent for an hour, faded then

Ali looks decent and will be good with experience

My god we badly need a centre midfielder and pace up top

Walker is so frustrating, decent one minute then howler the next, rose is a different player, centre halves look solid,

Walker is brutal. I'm amazed he's still picked.

Rose is a very good tackler but nervous in possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Lads missed the match. Did we make any kind of progress from the last match? 3 points out of 12 is worrying start. Kane needs to score a goal to get the monkey off his back (one season wonder thingy) and we need to register our first win as soon as possible otherwise crowd will turn against Poch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

09_09_09 wrote:
    Lads missed the match. Did we make any kind of progress from the last match? 3 points out of 12 is worrying start. Kane needs to score a goal to get the monkey off his back (one season wonder thingy) and we need to register our first win as soon as possible otherwise crowd will turn against Poch.

I thought we were okay for the most part although I really only got to give the 2nd half my full attention and there was no sound on the TV in the pub.

... thought we looked solid enough at the back (walkers brain dump aside).
    Jan had a better game then last week ... although he nearly cost us in possession in injury time.
    .. and yes. Rose is a much better option at LB. Never thought I'd be saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thought we played decent enough today but missed to many chances,a couple of the new signings could make the difference for this team hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

tippspur wrote:
    Thought we played decent enough today but missed to many chances,a couple of the new signings could make the difference for this team hopefully.

We were like that a lot under Harry (and even AVB occasionally), and back then we had a pile of strikers on the books
    - some combination of Keane, Crouch, Bent, Defoe, Pav, or Dempsey

Now we have one forward and not much as changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Expected to wake up to a defeat..

Could have been worse, could have been hammered at home to West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Apart from City, all of the top 6-7 teams look average at the moment after spending huge chunk on various players. I wish we had gone for Payet. He looks incredible for Hammers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We were definitely the better team, and controlled the match pretty well, but just couldn't score. No pace on the wings, so hopefully Son helps out with that. Howard played a great game as well, which didn't help.

Kane needs a goal. His confidence is low, and the longer it goes the worse it'll get. He'd have buried that 1 on 1 with Howard last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The performance was definitely an improvement on wat weve seen so far.

Kane was excellent but should have scored twice. Id rather he did shag all at the halfway line and put away those two chances. By playing Mason at no 10 then Kane has to do the work of 2 players.

Also could anyone try and explain why we went out and bought two RBs over the passed 10 months yet Kyle 'Shoot us in the foot' Walker still strolls into the team??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Read on Twitter that Spurs have created the MOST clear chances this season, and we have also missed the MOST clear chances this season....so far.

I for one didnt think Howard had this great game im hearing, i feel we MISSED the chances.

Dier was immense, id leave him there as Defensive Midfielder.

Ive a feeling we'll get Berahino today or tomorrow, but who will be our attacking 6?

Dier - Eriksen

Njie (£12m) - Son (£19m)- Berahino (£23m)

Kaner

Some pace there....But they'll all not play together hardly....

Wanyama????

Read on Twitter that Spurs have created the MOST clear chances this season, and we have also missed the MOST clear chances this season....so far.

I for one didnt think Howard had this great game im hearing, i feel we MISSED the chances.

Dier was immense, id leave him there as Defensive Midfielder.

Ive a feeling we'll get Berahino today or tomorrow, but who will be our attacking 6?

Dier - Eriksen

Njie (£12m) - Son (£19m)- Berahino (£23m)

Kaner

Some pace there....But they'll all not play together hardly....

Wanyama????

I agree on Dier, I think he's growing into his new role, although still learning

Eriksen has never played as one of the deep midfield two, he doesn't tackle enough for that role.

I hope we don't sign Wanyama.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Deep lying midfield role...The Playmaker, has 4 options in front of him...Asissting the assiter....Luka Modric.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

best we played this season in terms of dominance

painfully lacking in pace and leadership

we're quite a dull side overall

Deep lying midfield role...The Playmaker, has 4 options in front of him...Asissting the assiter....Luka Modric.;)

Modric was good defensively, Eriksen is not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Happy with a clean sheet. Hopefully Poch has been working on the defence in training.

I don't know what Trippier has to do to get a run.

In fairness we created quite a few chances and on another day they might have gone in.

West Ham proved that even Liverpool are no great shakes, so even though we haven't won yet, we're still in the mix when things start to fall for us.

Advertisement