Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lotus Elise stolen (Dublin city) - if anyone sees or hears of it!...

Options
  • 28-08-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

98 D70391 Blue metallic Lotus Elise (Series 1). Stolen from Wintergarden apartments Pearse st Dublin - from underground carpark.

I've had it 17 years. Appreciate it if anyone hears anything about it.

thanks, Mike
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

Assuming the Garda are already informed, might be worth letting the ports know also....

Was it driven away or trailered ?
    mikroche wrote: »
    98 D70391 Blue metallic Lotus Elise (Series 1). Stolen from Wintergarden apartments Pearse st Dublin - from underground carpark.

thanks, Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mikroche

Trailered away - was not driving - thanks for suggesting that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Any chance the management company had it removed ? Happens where I am every so often where cars are left for more than 6 to 8 months.

Ken

Hi Ken, no, they were my first call!. It's been parked there most of it's life apart from a few holidays and safe until now. They are checking video footage to see if it can be seen going up the ramp.

thanks,Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Sorry to hear that.

You don't see many of these around so it should stand out.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭yaeger

There is a thread running on this car over on Backroads.ie
    It was suggested it may have been abandoned ! Which obviously not the case but someone probably decided to shift it thinking it was abandoned..
    Hope it works out for you...

Thanks for link!. Not abandoned - just witting for cash to get it back on road which ironically just materialised. It's only got 22k miles on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

mikroche wrote: »

thanks, Mike

That's awful. Will keep an eye out. Where would I start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Shift as in steal or shift as in move....if the latter, surely the owner should be contacted by gardai or the building management. Seems a bit dodgy to me.

Best of luck op.
    yaeger wrote: »
    There is a thread running on this car over on Backroads.ie
    It was suggested it may have been abandoned ! Which obviously not the case but someone probably decided to shift it thinking it was abandoned..
    Hope it works out for you...

Yes, management companies have to contact owners before removing vehicles - they told me it's very difficult to get a car removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Make sure your current address is on the VLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

terrible thing to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Terrible it was stolen. It looked to be in fairly bad shape op what was the cost of getting it back running?

Where's the petrol cap gone and what happened the rear end?

05B422AB-A538-4A75-9D4E-1F7577A160E5_zpsynvhvjzg.jpg

The fibre glass at pipes had a knock last track day it was out - was minor with no subframe damage. They're surprisingly strong for aluminium and fibreglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Unlucky man, prob being ripped into 100 pieces as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Jesus this is awful :( Good luck with getting it back - hope it was insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Sorry for your loss op but In all fairness ,imho ,

a wash once a year and physically moving space or orientation , MAY have helped disguising the possible misapprehension that it was,in fact,

"an abandoned classic "with a deceased/departed/emigrated/ or nama'd owner,

Who in such case wouldn't notice it missing for a few weeks.
    Perhaps an enthusiast with no previous,took pity on it and removed it to put it to some good use as it looked a slight bit unloved.
    The state it was left in unfortunately made it a beacon for a potential thief, who may have seen it abandoned on backroads.ie and Helped themselves unhindered to it , after investigating its location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Regardless of the condition it was left in the owner has the right to hold on to it. Hope you get it back op.

Bigus wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss op but In all fairness ,imho ,

a wash once a year and physically moving space or orientation , MAY have helped disguising the possible misapprehension that it was,in fact,

"an abandoned classic "with a deceased/departed/emigrated/ or nama'd owner,

Who in such case wouldn't notice it missing for a few weeks.
    Perhaps an enthusiast with no previous,took pity on it and removed it to put it to some good use as it looked a slight bit unloved.
    The state it was left in unfortunately made it a beacon for a potential thief, who may have seen it abandoned on backroads.ie and Helped themselves unhindered to it , after investigating its location.

Is this a confession ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

liam7831 wrote: »
    Is this a confession ?

Bloody hell... a few silly assumptions lead to the silliest assumption ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

• Registered Users Posts: 82,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

dingding wrote: »

In some state but that gave nobody permission to take it. In that thread there seems to be a mentality to take the car just because it looks like the owner is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Is that a popular website? I'd reckon someone seen it posted there and made their plan.

But in all fairness, the car does seem to be abandoned. A simple look on the NCT website shows that the NCT expired in September of 2004! Someone would easily think that the car has just been parked there since then. But its still not right to take someone else's property.

OP I hope you recover it sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

As mentioned on rms website in the UK you can claim ownership of an abandoned car, you just write to DVLA who then write to the owner and if no reply car is yours. Maybe someone up north (as rms site is a northern one) thought car was abandoned and assumed same process existed down here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Anyone know if GPS coordinates are in the photo on the web?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Lads, some criminal stole it, dunno why anyone is going down the road of it being abandoned, it's a stupid assumption to make or to try and put forward as a reason for stealing it, just cos its not on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Wow that's mental. So say for example all the lads posting pictures of their nice cars on this forum. Scummers could potentially find their location by checking the photo.

Edit: I just tried it with a random car from the 'post a picture of your car" thread. I worked and showed me the location of the car.

Scary stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

bren2002 wrote: »

I don't see any underground car park at those coordinates so it musn't be that accurate as to pin point it's location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

There's been a serious amount of motorbikes robbed from underground carparks in the last year or so . I'd imagine the scummers are casing them out rather than going by info on photos in fairness .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement