Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lotus Elise stolen (Dublin city) - if anyone sees or hears of it!...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

jay48 wrote: »
    There's been a serious amount of motorbikes robbed from underground carparks in the last year or so . I'd imagine the scummers are casing them out rather than going by info on photos in fairness .

I agree. But at the same time to mad to think that if you see a nice bike online there is potentially a way to find out its location. Let's say somebody was looking for a rare or hard to find model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

liam7831 wrote: »
    Lads, some criminal stole it, dunno why anyone is going down the road of it being abandoned, it's a stupid assumption to make or to try and put forward as a reason for stealing it, just cos its not on the road

That post makes very little sense, very confusing to read

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    That post makes very little sense, very confusing to read

He's referencing a number of different posts on a number of different forums.

A lot of posters on one forum were of the opinion someone should go a save it from it's inevitable demise and return it to it's former glory. Essentially steal the car and give it to someone more deserving. Considering the condition of the car it clearly wasn't looked after in anyway shape or form for the last number of years and to be honest I'd be dubious of it being repaired anytime soon.

I'd say someone took it with the intention of turning it into a track day car and probably thought no one would notice. It may well show up again in the near future once they realise their error.

Either way imo this car deserves a better owner tbh but that doesn't excuse the theft of someone else's property.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its amusing to read people justifying theft, they seem to forget its not their property to do anything with. It doesn't matter if the OP decided to coat the thing in acid, its their car to do with as they wish...whatever that may be.

If the OP had a house which was boarded up as they were awaiting funds to do stuff with it, nobody would think its ok for somebody to just break in and move in and do whatever they wanted with the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Cabaal wrote: »
    Its amusing to read people justifying theft, they seem to forget its not their property to do anything with. It doesn't matter if the OP decided to coat the thing in acid, its their car to do with as they wish...whatever they may be.

If the OP had a house which was boarded up as they were awaiting funds to do stuff with it, nobody would think its ok for somebody to just break in and move in and do whatever they wanted with the place

Agree completely.

And as for saying a car "deserves" a better owner- well that's just nonsense.

Hopefully the car will be recovered and the thief caught.

• Advertisement

Valetta wrote: »

I'm sure the plan Lotus had in mind when developing the elise was to park it up in a garage and leave it rot.

Clearly though a better owner would be a silly idea :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Valetta wrote: »
    Agree completely.

I'm sure thiefs always justify things by thinking things like "I deserve that money more then the person who owns it" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'm sure the plan Lotus had in mind when developing the elise was to park it up in a garage and leave it rot.

What plan did Lotus have when they lost £71M in 2014.

Theft is theft.

Why are so many people ok with stealing. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I doubt Lotus or any other manufacturer give a flying f*ck what happens their cars once they can sell what's coming off the production line. Incredibly stupid logic. The car is the OPs property, regardless of condition, and any attempt at appropriating it is theft, plain and simple.

beauf wrote: »
    What plan did Lotus have when they lost £71M in 2014.

Theft is theft.

Why are so many people ok with stealing. :eek:

I'm not condoning theft ya numpty read my posts.

As for the other part of your post there's no arguing with stupidity unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I doubt Lotus or any other manufacturer give a flying f*ck what happens their cars once they can sell what's coming off the production line. Incredibly stupid logic. The car is the OPs property, regardless of condition, and any attempt at appropriating it is theft, plain and simple.

Did I mention the production line you stupid tit.

When it was developed it wasn't developed to be parked in a car park and allowed to rot.

At no point do I condone the theft.

Jebus some of ye lads in motors haven't got much in the auld tool box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

you stupid tit.

Leave it out.

Someone has had a car stolen from them and needs help, why derail the thread with a petty argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Did I mention the production line you stupid tit.

When it was developed it wasn't developed to be parked in a car park and allowed to rot.

At no point do I condone the theft.

Jebus some of ye lads in motors haven't got much in the auld tool box.

I've had a variety of cars knocking around my gaff in various states of disrepair over the years waiting for different jobs to be carried out on them. Is this therefore an open invite for someone to come on to my property and steal them because "it wasn't developed to be parked"? Because that's precisely what you're advocating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

I've had a variety of cars knocking around my gaff in various states of disrepair over the years waiting for different jobs to be carried out on them. Is this therefore an open invite for someone to come on to my property and steal them because "it wasn't developed to be parked"? Because that's precisely what you're advocating.

That's not what he is saying. Why are twisting other posters words with fantasy scenarios?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm guessing it wasn't insured :(

Do you have an idea of when it was stolen (ie. did you see it in the car park on Thursday evening and on Friday morning it was gone? Or had you not been down there for a few weeks so it could have been stolen at any point during that time)?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

You werent nominated for car SOS or the likes were you OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You werent nominated for car SOS or the likes were you OP?

I think I saw chip foose in dublin the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

I would think that the parts for this would be rare enough. Might be an idea to contact Lotus parts suppliers and request that anyone looking for Elise parts be checked out.
    There cannot be too many requests for these bits and suppliers must be thin on the ground also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

i feel sorry for the op but he should never had let that car lying around in such a terrible state and if i lived there i wouldnt have been happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

goochy wrote: »
    i feel sorry for the op but he should never had let that car lying around in such a terrible state and if i lived there i wouldnt have been happy.

so you know the OP's full story/background/situation yeah? :rolleyes:

Jayzus, the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

so you know the OP's full story/background/situation yeah? :rolleyes:

Jayzus, the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight :rolleyes:

Ah come on.

It was a rare enough car that was kept in an underground carpark.

Anyone that spotted it could easily come to the conclusion that it was abandoned.

It sucks balls big time and I hope the OP gets it back. If he does, I hope he invests in at least a cheap car cover so it doesn't get into that state again.

Mice and God knows what living in it! Such a shame.

Also, if the OP was in financial difficulty and could not afford to fix it.....sell it and get a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

What someone does with their own personal items, is no one elses Business. Its a private underground car, which as generic and mundane as you can get.Its hardly on par with keeping a 92 camper van in your driveway in an area with rich cultural heritage. Its an underground car park, the only function is to store cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

it was still an eyesore , if i lived there i would have been complaining about it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

it was still an eyesore , if i lived there i would have been complaining about it !

complaining doesn't equal stealing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Fecking "Busy Bodies".

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Please PM the OP with any relevant information.
    This thread is a disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement