Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electricity deposit

Options
  • 28-08-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi

I am opening a cafe and called electric ireland to switch over the account from the pervious tenant, they want 2500 security deposit!!!!!

I think thats bit crazy for a start up anyone any advice on the situation???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thats a bit crazy think we paid €300 for ours was a few years back but it definitely wasn't anywhere near that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I was quoted €7,000 before for a low-usage business, don't know how start-ups manage. That was one of the bigger nails in our metaphorical coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do they supply pay as you go meters for business use?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭deadwood85

TheChizler wrote: »
    I was quoted €7,000 grand before for a low-usage business, don't know how start-ups manage. That was one of the bigger nails in our metaphorical coffin.

7k !!!!!! did you pay it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Nope, it was the final obstacle for us and we shut down :(

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    Nope, it was the final obstacle for us and we shut down :(

Sh@t sorry they don't make it easy for start ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What have the other potential suppliers quoted you?

What have the other potential suppliers quoted you?

Nothing yet because its a stupid system.

Basically they can't give me a security deposit quote until I sign up and registered then they tell me in 2/3days what it is.

The stupid part is I can only do one at a time so if I register with say airtricity I would have to wait 3 days to contact say energia.

Advertisement