Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy with branch

Options
  • 28-08-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for me to change the branch that my account is held in
    As I have being very annoyed the last 3 times I have had to visit my branch
    I have had no joy complaining in person at the branch or online

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

epfff wrote: »
    Is it possible for me to change the branch that my account is held in
    As I have being very annoyed the last 3 times I have had to visit my branch
    I have had no joy complaining in person at the branch or online
    Hi epfff,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you have received at your branch. If you’d like to raise an official complaint in relation to this please see here for more information.

For information on switching your account to another Bank of Ireland branch please see here.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Hi epfff,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you have received at your branch. If you’d like to raise an official complaint in relation to this please see here for more information.

For information on switching your account to another Bank of Ireland branch please see here.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Am I right in saying that if I switch to another branch I will have to set up a new account

As for the complaints I have tried in branch and got a blank face
    Tried on line no reply
    I'm not going to try the postal method

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would try the postal/email method and if you don't get a reply or satisfactory outcome, take your complaint to the FSO.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I would try the postal/email method and if you don't get a reply or satisfactory outcome, take your complaint to the FSO.

Tried the email no reply
    So why bother going to that bother when its that hard to make complaint it's obvious they don't care
    thought I might be able to switch branch painless eneough but from my reading it's not
    So I'll just switch bank
    So much for loyalty to customers as our business has been with boi for 3 generations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi epfff, 

We're very sorry to hear you feel this way. If you would like to PM us with your name, contact number and your branches name, we would be more than happy to arrange a call from your branch to discuss your concerns directly. 

Should you still wish to change your branch, please be assured that our account opening team will do everything possible to ensure that this process is completed as efficiently and easily as possible. 

Thanks again for your feedback and looking forward to hearing from you. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

Hi epfff, 

We're very sorry to hear you feel this way. If you would like to PM us with your name, contact number and your branches name, we would be more than happy to arrange a call from your branch to discuss your concerns directly. 

Should you still wish to change your branch, please be assured that our account opening team will do everything possible to ensure that this process is completed as efficiently and easily as possible. 

Elaine 

I do not want any more contact with my branch (Ballygar) as I have made attempts to resolve my problems direct with them and only ended up even more stressed after they made excuses for their mistakes that is why I hoped I could just smoothly move my account to another branch keeping my account number etc as it is a bit of inconvenience due to my reliance on cheques for the few days during change over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

epfff wrote: »
    Hi epfff, 

Elaine 

I do not want any more contact with my branch (Ballygar) as I have made attempts to resolve my problems direct with them and only ended up even more stressed after they made excuses for their mistakes that is why I hoped I could just smoothly move my account to another branch keeping my account number etc as it is a bit of inconvenience due to my reliance on cheques for the few days during change over.
    Hi epfff,

We are sorry to hear this. Please be advised that you can carry out your day to day banking in any Bank of Ireland branch. 
    Should you change your mind and wish for us to arrange a call to you, please don't hesitate to send us a PM. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement