If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL55X9005CBU?

Options
  • 28-08-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a decent 4K set that delivers a good upscaling picture and also has the required future proofing required for the medium (HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2). I have been reading some good stuff about the above set but notice it very thin on the ground here. Do you guys plan on stocking this at some point, as I couldn't seem to find it on your website at present.

Also, do you have any other recommendations for sets I should take a look at that may be worthwhile? Is last years KD55X8509 any good? I heard it is decent but that it may ony have an 8-bit panel compared to the X9005's 10-bit and more future proof panel (although finding it difficult to confirm this). Is there anything from Samsung/Panasonic I should be contemplating?

Lots of questions I know, but thanks for any/all input you can provide. Cheers.

Daragh.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

dar83 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a decent 4K set that delivers a good upscaling picture and also has the required future proofing required for the medium (HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2). I have been reading some good stuff about the above set but notice it very thin on the ground here. Do you guys plan on stocking this at some point, as I couldn't seem to find it on your website at present.

Also, do you have any other recommendations for sets I should take a look at that may be worthwhile? Is last years KD55X8509 any good? I heard it is decent but that it may ony have an 8-bit panel compared to the X9005's 10-bit and more future proof panel (although finding it difficult to confirm this). Is there anything from Samsung/Panasonic I should be contemplating?

Lots of questions I know, but thanks for any/all input you can provide. Cheers.

Daragh.
    Daragh,

the 9005 is a stunner!

Apologies it wasn't on the site - it should be in the next few mins and thanks for the prompt!

Look here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201453-bravia-kd55x9305c.aspx

We have the KD55X9005 available from stock ( we have over 100 of them in the main warehouse at the moment) and its just €2599 and that price includes delivery and a 6 year warranty.

In terms of anything else that rates alongside it - there really are very few that I would reckon are as good - the obvious candidates are the KD55X9305 which is just an additional €100 at €2699 ( again the euro price includes delivery and the 6 year warranty) - the 9305, if you can live with the god-ugly cabinet has slightly better motion processing and its also active 3D, however if you want to see a big improvement you would have to step up to the Amazing Panasonic TX55CX802 - this is a completely amazing TV but its significantly more expensive at €2499 ( inc delivery / warranty)But it does have a Quad core processor, a super built in Freesat HD satellite decoder and its has Panasonic's 1600Hz motion processing which is just plain fab! Have a look at the Pana here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201472-viera-tx55cx802b.aspx?swapstore=1

and the 9305 here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201453-bravia-kd55x9305c.aspx
    (don't look at the 9305 for long, it hurts the eyes ( although it does sound great!)

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.