Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: A place to rent in Cork

Options
  • 28-08-2015 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Most places in Cork are very demanding in rent right now but what about having the reliability of good tenants. We are looking for someone to rent to us as we are 2 working professionals and have 100% no issue history and have references to vouch and we are relocating due to new jobs. Send me a pm if you know of anyone with a property to let.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Daft.ie is your best bet I'm afraid. You'll find a few similar threads over the past year in this forum with similar pleas for help. Unfortunately, it's not simply a case of "being an ideal tenant" right now. There's just not the supply to meet the demand and it is very competitive out there. We dipped our toes into moving from our current house back in April/May and quickly realized the situation.... we did not move. It's tough going in the rental market, hang in there, be prepared, be bold and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

The renting market in Cork is an absolute joke right now, prices are sky high. Apartments that were around 800 2-3 years ago are now going for 1300, and no - not newly renovated or anything.

But well, I guess prices may come down a little bit (not expecting much) once the zerg rush of students is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Just as an example: I rent out a house near UCC to students. Last year's tenants elected to take the house again this (academic) year. This morning, one of them texted me to say he is not returning to college. I was not happy, as I assumed most students would be sorted for rooms by now.

At lunchtime, I put the room on the UCC Accommodation App - it went live at about 14.00. Since then I have had 25 calls (and about 20 texts) from students absolutely DESPERATE for accommodation, with their lectures kicking off in the next few days. In particular, there are a lot of international students "living" in hostels because they can't find accommodation in Cork city or near UCC.

Advertisement