Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDLS centre

Options
  • 28-08-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

Have to renew licence and have made appointment online but the nearest slot is 3 weeks away. They say on the site there is limited walk ins and you could basically have a wasted trip. Has anyone any experience with walk in waiting times? I mean if I was there first thing in morn i'd more than likely not be there too long surely??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Have to renew licence and have made appointment online but the nearest slot is 3 weeks away. They say on the site there is limited walk ins and you could basically have a wasted trip. Has anyone any experience with walk in waiting times? I mean if I was there first thing in morn i'd more than likely not be there too long surely??

This the one at Southgate Shopping Centre in Drogheda?

I went last year and was told the same beforehand. I had an appointment but stupidly forgot something so had to leave and come back later (without an appointment). I walked in and was seen within 10 mins. Seen a fair few people doing the same, both when I was there in the morning and afternoon.

I might have caught it on a good day, but I reckon you're be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

My son went to monaghan but forgot his letter showing proof of residence when he was seen. Went as a walk in the following monday and was seen straight away at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Walk in is the best way. You will be seen quite quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Op here,

Thanks folks, went up this morning, arrived about 9:45. They were on number 11 and I was 21, with an estimated waiting time of 2 hrs 40 mins! In the end I was waiting 2 hours.

By the time I left at midday the expected waiting time was then 5 hours and 20 mins!

Glad its done now though!

Advertisement