Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lakes 10k Blessington 5th Sep 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Great race as always. Super organisation and awesome post race goodies. One of the best races on the calendar. Thanks to all at Lakeshore Striders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Fiona44 wrote:
    Ah that was you!! Thanks for the support! I was really suffering at that stage so it gave me a much needed boost!

You looked confused all right but not struggling. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

aquinn wrote: »
    Personalised cheerleaders too Fiona?

Was that you cheering me on too? Thank you SO much. And the position info really kept me pushing on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

HelenAnne wrote:
    Was that you cheering me on too? Thank you SO much. And the position info really kept me pushing on!

Oh fantastic, glad we could help. Myself and Anna were trying to keep track of Ladies passing. You looked great, well done. Cracking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

ha ha, yes thanks for the support. I was caught a bit off myself too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Really well organised, a pleasure to run this today. Well done to the organisers, appreciate all the hard work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

+1 to all the positive reports, my second time running this race & ill be back next year, well organised, lovely course & super post race goodies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

I love this race. An annual highlight on my running calendar. Here's my race report from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Yet again I can't recommend this race highly enough. Run it. Thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Epic! Thanks for the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I really loved this race; thanks to all at Lakeshore Striders. I headed down to Blessington with my hobbling husband (who still can't run but took some nice photos) and friends D & K. We bumped into some running pals, and Bungy Girl and MurphD before the start, got rid of our bags (I was v reluctant to take any layers off as it was pretty cold beside the lake!) and did a warm up jog and a few strides. Then we lined up beside the pace number-holders (great idea!) and walked over to the start on the bridge, led by the band.
    I hoped I wasn't starting too far forward (I started near the front of the sub-45 group) but then I heard two men beside me saying they'd be happy with 7 minute mile pace, so I thought that would be ok for me too, in and around, so I stayed where I was.
    As always, I can't remember much about the race -- i liked the scenery and the cows and the undulating roads, but apart from passing through Manor Kilbride and then the hill, I couldn't tell you where I was or what I was thinking for any of the other kilometres. I was running beside a man in blue for a while, though, and I felt a bit bad as we were shoulder to shoulder practically, and some people don't like that, but we were at exactly the same pace, so I couldn't really avoid it! Anyway, we were chatting a bit; he was going for sub-45 and he just beat me in the end, so he smashed his goal! if you're on boards, blue t-shirt running pal, well done!
    I didn't mind the hill too much -- obviously, I felt a bit like I was dying as I ran up it (and that was my slowest mile), but I passed a few people (including two women), so that was good.
    Pushed hard in the last 2k, got a great shout out from aquinn and annapr (thank you!) in the last 600m, and finished in 42.35 on my watch (42.40 gun time), 9th woman. That's a 13 second PB for me, so I am pleased with that.
    Met Dubgal after! V nice to meet her in the flesh, finally!
    Well done to all who ran, and to those who got pbs, especially Bungy Girl, who looked great finishing.
    Thanks again Lakeshore Striders, it was all really well organised, lovely route, delicious muffins etc afterwards. Will definitely do this race again.

ETA: well done to my club mates, second M & F.

Finish line video up on the Precision Timing Facebook page. Unfortunately you can't see the clock.

https://www.facebook.com/davidprecisiontiming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Murph_D wrote: »
    Finish line video up on the Precision Timing Facebook page. Unfortunately you can't see the clock.

https://www.facebook.com/davidprecisiontiming

U can see the clown actin the idiot with a car at about 40 secs in....cud of creamed the entire finish line

Yeah, noticed that. What a stupid thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Loads of photos here

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

On this Saturday 3rd Sep! Great race!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That was a whole lot of fun despite the weather. Nice course, very fast finish.

59 second off a pb but time was a lot better than dunshaughlin.

Advertisement