Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe flash player and ipad mini

Options
  • 28-08-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

My girlfriend’s nephew got married recently and he has sent her a link to view some wedding photographs. The photographs came in the form of a slideshow and appear to come from the photographers site, The address looks something like this: http://www.photographerssite.com/slideshows/LBJG/ (name changed).

However, my girlfriend works from an iPad mini and it informs her that a plugin is missing. I’m taking this to mean the adobe plugin which I’m told is not available for the iPad mini.

What I’m trying to do is select the photos one at a time, or all at the one time if necessary, put them up into dropbox and then download them onto the iPad mini in a viewable format.

Is this doable and if so how?

As always many thanks for your help

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Those slideshows are nearly always generated from a folder of images so your gf's nephew might be able to get a shared link from the photographer. Of course the photographer may not want the images to be downloaded and could have locked down the original files.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

mordeith wrote: »
    Those slideshows are nearly always generated from a folder of images so your gf's nephew might be able to get a shared link from the photographer. Of course the photographer may not want the images to be downloaded and could have locked down the original files.

Is there anyway then that we can view these images on the iPad retina. I do appreciate the photographer will want to maintain control of the pictures, but all she wants to do is view

kah22 wrote: »
    Is there anyway then that we can view these images on the iPad retina. I do appreciate the photographer will want to maintain control of the pictures, but all she wants to do is view

Do either of you have a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

mordeith wrote: »
    Do either of you have a laptop?
    I do she doesn't that's why I want to transfer the images from my laptop to her iPad mini

kah22 wrote: »
    I do she doesn't that's why I want to transfer the images from my laptop to her iPad mini

But if all she wants to do is view them why can't she do it on your laptop? As I said its likely the photographer has disabled downloading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement