Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Stanley Smoking - Service

Options
  • 28-08-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I have a waterford stanley stove for around 10 years. It is a solid fuel stove, heats the room, water and radiators. It has worked fine up until recently. It started to smoke when the fire was lit initially. I had the chimney cleaned, I replaced the ropes around the door and the plate at the back.

I rang the service engineers today and he told me that it was the fuel I was burning. I told him that I had been burning turf for years and never had an issue up until now. He still insisted that it was the fuel and that the environment outside might have changed...trees growing etc...

He told me to burn coal..great suggestion. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Tullamore area of Co. Offaly that services stoves so perhaps I can have them have a look.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement