Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 25), Aug 28-Sept 1

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

We rarely do well against Shels when I go. And I'm going tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Lims 3-0 up:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Big win for Derry! Town are in trouble if they don't sort out Bray tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Big win for Derry! Town are in trouble if they don't sort out Bray tomorrow.

ye will still be in and around Sligo, Galway and Drogheda so not that much trouble...Drogheda seem terrible, only scored once agianst limerick tonight, ye scored 3 against us last week:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt deserve to win that, Derry scored we didnt.

Forrester gone :mad:

Looking for 100k for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Credit to Dennehy for getting the winner but it is a pity Dundalk got a very late second.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

We were unbelievably crap in the first half. Cracking second half from both teams. Could have snatched an equaliser at the death.
    First league defeat in 4 months or 17 games. Was bound to happen goven our first half performances recently. Still, win out next 4 and we're top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't believe we won tonight, never seen that coming.

Where's Forrester off to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't believe we won tonight, never seen that coming.

Where's Forrester off to?

Signed for Peterborough Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Waterford look a completely different team to last time we played them, Ethan Boyle and the two Galvins were excellent for them. Roddy is such a liability at that club.

Great to have a cushion at the top, thank you Shelbourne :D

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Signed for Peterborough Utd.

Not yet.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not yet.

Well yeah, but i think it's inevitable. It's the hope that kills ya so he's signed as far as i'm concerned.

Well yeah, but i think it's inevitable. It's the hope that kills ya so he's signed as far as i'm concerned.

I hope he signs for them and does brilliantly as i hope any player who leaves Pats for better does.

Just dont see a pro baller in him and think he will be back soon enough. Really hope he does it tho, cos explaining to Lee that hes gone is going to be hard :(

/my son worships Forrester :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Waterford look a completely different team to last time we played them, Ethan Boyle and the two Galvins were excellent for them. Roddy is such a liability at that club.

Great to have a cushion at the top, thank you Shelbourne :D

They actually put up one of the best performances I seen in Finn park.... And then Roddy took over the next week.

I dunno if I'm happy or sad about the ucd result! Altho, if we win our 3 remaining home games....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Went to cork v Galway game, bar the first 5 minutes and maybe in last 5-10 of first half, Galway showed little in terms of any attacking threat. If bray were to win tomorrow, I'll feel a lot more confident of being safe.

Bar Derry result, if shams get anything tomorrow it'll be good. Here's hoping!

Mushy wrote: »
    Went to cork v Galway game, bar the first 5 minutes and maybe in last 5-10 of first half, Galway showed little in terms of any attacking threat. If bray were to win tomorrow, I'll feel a lot more confident of being safe.

Bray?? Bray are absolutely grand, unless you're trying to create some excitement for yourself.

Drogheda are in serious serious trouble along with Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bray?? Bray are absolutely grand, unless you're trying to create some excitement for yourself.

Drogheda are in serious serious trouble along with Galway.

Im still awaiting the inevitable slump, yes there are teams in worse form but it's not fully safe yet, form or no form.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Mushy wrote: »

Galway were useless. Shanahan out wide has neither dribbling or crossing abilities. Keegan isnt enough to hold up the ball.

Galway had a knack of defending well and then playing out into danger when they should have booted it, and when comfortable they booted it instead if playing.

Ah well. Knew it would be a loss. My first game this season live now I'm down south

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

We were unbelievably crap in the first half. Cracking second half from both teams. Could have snatched an equaliser at the death.
    First league defeat in 4 months or 17 games. Was bound to happen goven our first half performances recently. Still, win out next 4 and we're top.

Best game of ball I've been to in a while. Two teams trying to play ball and attack the opposition with full blooded challenges going in but those on the end of them picking themselves up and getting on with it. Was a great game to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Felt like a loss last night. Cruel to concede so late on having made Dundalk look very average for large portions of the game last night.

Buckley decides to cut inside right up their end when he could have run it into the corner. Loses the ball and they go and score the equaliser from it.

Disgusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That_Guy wrote: »
    Felt like a loss last night. Cruel to concede so late on having made Dundalk look very average for large portions of the game last night.

Buckley decides to cut inside right up their end when he could have run it into the corner. Loses the ball and they go and score the equaliser from it.

Disgusted.
    That's twice now Akinade has tormented Gartland. Great display from him last night. We were poor in the first half. Improved a bit in the second but ultimately we have to be pleased with a point. Should be good craic up in Oriel on Tuesday with Rovers coming to town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

That_Guy wrote: »

Disgusted.

Dundalk would have done that,see why your're so far behind us ?
    I didn't think it was cruel at all by the way,Garts had a perfectly good goal disallowed for us but fair play yis battled away but so did we but we battled to the 94th minute and we got our just reward,don't even care how many deflections that Towell goal got either.2-2 was a true reflection of the game,we as champions expect tough games,we got one.Thanks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

We were so bad last night. Didnt deserve anything from the game at all. Disappointing to lose Forrester but in fairness thats a decent move from him and if we get something for it its ok. Leaves us in trouble for the rest of the season though with Fagan still injured.

Rovers blow it this evening in Sligo. This year's challengers have been woeful in fairness. Pats, Cork and Shamrock Rovers all been pitiful. Dundalk have actually been just ok in quite a few matches this season and we're still eight points clear. Even if Rovers beat us on Tuesday night I'd still be confident we won't be caught.

Pighead wrote: »
    Rovers blow it this evening in Sligo. This year's challengers have been woeful in fairness. Pats, Cork and Shamrock Rovers all been pitiful. Dundalk have actually been just ok in quite a few matches this season and we're still eight points clear. Even if Rovers beat us on Tuesday night I'd still be confident we won't be caught.

You're bang on in fairness. No serious challenge whatsoever. But Dundalk haven't dropped many points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup. Our interest was effectively finished with the horror show v Limerick a few weeks ago.

Dundalk still have to come to Turners Cross but I suspect they will already be champions at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lovely bit of false hope for us on Friday! Big last 5 games, can only win them all and hope others slip up!

2-0 Cork :(

It's almost fascinating how much this season is falling apart immediately after creating a club record of nine league wins in a row. :(

• Advertisement

It's almost fascinating how much this season is falling apart immediately after creating a club record of nine league wins in a row. :(

yeah lets not do that again :D

Wonder if Buckley has to schedule another meeting with players again this week :D

Wonder if Buckley has to schedule another meeting with players again this week :D

Premier league problems :cool:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Premier league problems :cool:

"We need to get Europe or the club is going down the sh**ter" is more like what Buckley supposedly said....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Setanta Ireland have the Dundalk/Shamrock Rovers game tonight.

Our results so far this season against the three pretenders to the crown.

Dundalk 3 St Pats 0
    Shamrock Rovers 2 Dundalk 2
    Cork City 1 Dundalk 2
    St Pats 0 Dundalk 2
    Dundalk 1 Cork City 1
    Dundalk 4 St Pats 1
    Dundalk 2 Shamrock Rovers 0

And that's why we're champions.

We started well tonight but were really bad from about 20 mins in up until Shields came on. He was only on about half an hour but he was so good he was probably my man of the match. Great night again up in Oriel. Getting ever closer to back to back titles. History beckons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Pighead wrote: »
    We started well tonight but were really bad from about 20 mins in up until Shields came on. He was only on about half an hour but he was so good he was probably my man of the match. Great night again up in Oriel. Getting ever closer to back to back titles. History beckons.

Rovers pressed us well and made sure there was nothing played on the ground. The outnumbered us in the centre of the park and picked up the breaking balls.

However, having Shields in there is like having two players; he covers that much ground so quickly.

Advertisement