Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student- Psychology WIT

Options
  • 28-08-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I am hoping to return to college next September. WIT would suit me best as I have two small kids and it's close to home. However, I've seen that as a mature student you need a really good cover letter , experience etc. I have no experience :( for the last 5 years I've just been raising my children, I had to drop out of my arts course (psychology was one of my modules)when I got pregnant with my first.

I have a good leaving cert and I am so ready to study again but I am wondering will my lack of work/experience let me down? Has anyone got any advice on what I could do in the coming months to help my application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Louis Lane 6

Joshacubby wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am hoping to return to college next September. WIT would suit me best as I have two small kids and it's close to home. However, I've seen that as a mature student you need a really good cover letter , experience etc. I have no experience :( for the last 5 years I've just been raising my children, I had to drop out of my arts course (psychology was one of my modules)when I got pregnant with my first.

I have a good leaving cert and I am so ready to study again but I am wondering will my lack of work/experience let me down? Has anyone got any advice on what I could do in the coming months to help my application?

I suggest doing a free online course in something relevant to the course you want to do in WIT and then put in your application what you did. Have a look on futurelearn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Talk to REGSA, the adult guidance service based in WIT. They can help you with advice around applying, and how to work on getting experience required for particular courses, etc.
    http://www.regsa.org/

Advertisement