Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS issues?

Options
  • 28-08-2015 7:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On my iPhone the site is jumpy. If that's even such a word to explain it!
    I cannot click on "my forums" tab as when I do it pops up and immediately disappears.

Happens on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.1

Doesn't seem to happen in my iPad running 8.4.

I posted the above in the feedback forum a week or so back with no reply so maybe it gets better traffic here?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

kceire wrote: »
    I posted the above in the feedback forum a week or so back with no reply so maybe it gets better traffic here?
    What? In the Feedback forum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Are you on full boards or touch?

No issues on 5S on either site. IOS 8.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Quadrature

Working OK for me on an iPhone 6 with latest OS installed too.

Is your phone very low on memory by any chance?

Also try this:

Close all the tabs in safari then Double press the home key to bring up the multitasking app switcher.

Drag the safari app window upwards and off he screen (this terminates its process).

Reopen and try boards again.

If that fails. Go into settings and clear the caches and cookies.

If that fails, and you're low on memory, delete a few unnecessary apps or reduce your music and photo albums and try again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

kceire wrote: »
    On my iPhone the site is jumpy. If that's even such a word to explain it!
    I cannot click on "my forums" tab as when I do it pops up and immediately disappears.

Happens on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.1

Doesn't seem to happen in my iPad running 8.4.

Same happening here on IPad mini 2 and iPhone 6 both running 8.4.1. Cleared caches, hard reset etc, etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just noticed, doing it on Appllo browser as well.

• Advertisement

8.4.1 seems to have broken things alright. I haven't had any issues myself but I'm still on 8.4.

Seems to be OK on OS 9 now.

Advertisement