Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny retail park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Well that depends on why they're selling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

linny wrote: »
    another great vote of confidence in the city, hopefully the new owners will be able to fill the last remaining units, I think there is 3 empty units in the retail park,
    http://www.daft.ie/commercial/kilkenny-retail-park-kilkenny-kilkenny/230619/

it really needs a website to promote it a bit more

You'd actually forget it's there sometimes, some good shops out there like Ken Blacks and Meubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

road_high wrote:
    You'd actually forget it's there sometimes, some good shops out there like Ken Blacks and Meubles.

Ya they should have big signs up at both entrances listing the shop that are in there

Ya they should have big signs up at both entrances listing the shop that are in there

There's a couple of empty units beside Meubles. I'd say theyd easily be filled with attractive rent and terms. Home Store and More for example.

ya it would be great to see it full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

I spoke to one of the directors of Home Store and More the day before they opened their Tralee branch and he was adamant Kilkenny was next branch to open. That was 4-5 years ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Wimbago wrote: »
    I spoke to one of the directors of Home Store and More the day before they opened their Tralee branch and he was adamant Kilkenny was next branch to open. That was 4-5 years ago now

Well he better hurry up and get down to Kilkenny Retail Park because there's only three units left and when the first unit is gone, it's gone. And when the second unit is gone, that's gone too. And when the final unit is gone, it's definitely gone.

Wimbago wrote: »

Something tells me the rents are likely higher than are in other towns and cities. They probably went with Carlow instead. Though they would still do well in KK if they opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

road_high wrote: »
    Something tells me the rents are likely higher than are in other towns and cities. They probably went with Carlow instead. Though they would still do well in KK if they opened.
    Sounds about right, the Carlow branch opened Dec 2010. They just recently opened a new store in Newbridge so I wouldn't rule out one for KK yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

Looks like Harry Corry is opening soon.... hopefully a vote of confidence for the park with more stores to come ???

• Advertisement

Looks like Harry Corry is opening soon.... hopefully a vote of confidence for the park with more stores to come ???

Really? I wouldn't have thought they would seen as Hickeys are there already?

Really? I wouldn't have thought they would seen as Hickeys are there already?

They are advertising for a load of roles and the adverts says for their new shop in the Kilkenny retail park !!!

They are advertising for a load of roles and the adverts says for their new shop in the Kilkenny retail park !!!

That's good. Often been in the Carlow one, quite good for household stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

In fairness both DID and Sherwood's are there so Hickey's shouldn't put them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Harry Corrys Website states it will open its new store at Unit 2 Kilkenny Retail Park in mid 2017.

EZ Living advertising for new staff for there soon to be opening Kilkenny store... any one know where?? KK retail park or where ?

EZ Living advertising for new staff for there soon to be opening Kilkenny store... any one know where?? KK retail park or where ?

Think it’s goin in beside permaina and harry Corrys 2 units been fitted out there the min

Think it’s goin in beside permaina and harry Corrys 2 units been fitted out there the min

Cool, I like them. Cheaper, middle of the road stuff. Wonder did Meubles object to these new stores?

I hope Sherwoods can survive there, - it seems to be empty anytime I go in. Their stuff is good quality and well priced and the staff are really helpful. They've been a family business in Kilkenny for so long it would be a shame if a big chain store like DID puts them out of business.

inthehat wrote: »
    I hope Sherwoods can survive there, - it seems to be empty anytime I go in. Their stuff is good quality and well priced and the staff are really helpful. They've been a family business in Kilkenny for so long it would be a shame if a big chain store like DID puts them out of business.

DID were already there, well established. Woodies and Meubles actually also sell a lot of smaller electrical items too. Bit of a silly move to move to a place where you have so much direct competition right next door.
    If they'd moved to a part of town with no electrical store it would have served them better I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

DID were already there, well established. Woodies and Meubles actually also sell a lot of smaller electrical items too. Bit of a silly move to move to a place where you have so much direct competition right next door.
    If they'd moved to a part of town with no electrical store it would have served them better I think.
    It's very good economic sense for big ticket items. If someone wants to buy furniture, now they might only bother going to the retail park.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

It's very good economic sense for big ticket items. If someone wants to buy furniture, now they might only bother going to the retail park.

Yea but DID would be perceived as being cheaper. So that's where most people will head when they are next door to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Yea but DID would be perceived as being cheaper. So that's where most people will head when they are next door to each other.
    They sell good quality stuff stand over what they sell , how does electro city do ten years ago they couldn't keep stock in when the housing boom was in full swing.

Advertisement