Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIC/IBAN no.

Options
  • 28-08-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was trying to transfer money across from a BOI account to UK account ( Natwest). I am setting up a payee on banking 365 and the person I am transferring the money to gave me a 6 digit sort code and a 8 digit account number. However there are two fields on setting up the payee one 365 website one asking for BIC and another asking for IBAN number. I entered the sort code into the BIC field and the account number into the IBAN field. I am getting a message saying IBAN invalid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Amprodude

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Amprodude, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Due to the introduction of SEPA, when setting up a payee to the UK you will require the recipients IBAN and BIC details. For clarification on what this means please see here

We would suggest contacting the recipient of the transfer and ask them to confirm their IBAN and BIC to allow you to complete this transfer. If they are unsure of this information they can contact their own bank who should be happy to assist with this. 

For more information on transferring to the UK and other countries please see this link on our website. 

We hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Hi Amprodude, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Due to the introduction of SEPA, when setting up a payee to the UK you will require the recipients IBAN and BIC details. For clarification on what this means please see here

We would suggest contacting the recipient of the transfer and ask them to confirm their IBAN and BIC to allow you to complete this transfer. If they are unsure of this information they can contact their own bank who should be happy to assist with this. 

For more information on transferring to the UK and other countries please see this link on our website. 

We hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,
    Thanks for reply and help. I managed to get it set up. Just wondering how long does it take for it to reach UK account? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Amprodude, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

If your transfer was made in Euro, it should reach the sending bank within one working day and if made in sterling it will be received within 3 working days. 

For more information on transfer times and our cut off times please see here

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Hi Amprodude, 

If your transfer was made in Euro, it should reach the sending bank within one working day and if made in sterling it will be received within 3 working days. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,

Thank you. It was a UK account that the money was going to. I transferred the cash in sterling on Monday at about noon so I guess at the very latest they will have it by tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Amprodude wrote: »
    Hi Amprodude, 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,

Thank you. It was a UK account that the money was going to. I transferred the cash in sterling on Monday at about noon so I guess at the very latest they will have it by tomorrow?
    Hi Amprodude,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, for sterling payments to the UK we will ensure that the receiving bank is paid within three banking days. You can get more information about the cut off times and payment time frames for the type of payments here.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement