Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What laptop should I get for 1st year physics ?

Options
  • 28-08-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I need to get a new laptop because my current one is basically broke. I was just wondering which one/type I should get since I'm starting uni in 2 weeks. My course is physics with biomedical sciences in dcu. If anyone could give me some insight and what kind laptop I need (applications, memory etc) or if someone has done/doing this course could let me know I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Should go at least for an i3 processor or i5 processor to help future proof your laptop. Assume you will need usual office package like word,excel etc. for reports & the likes. A good battery is also important to get you thru the day. Assuming your bringing to college then you should keep it relatively compact size for carrying & also for using on bus. Don't think a massive memory size is as important as shops make out. There's always cloud storage & the good old memory sticks or plug-in hard drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Androidable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE8qlNBNS4

Nice video different laptops, different prices. Gives you the idea pretty much. As @Big Wex fan said cloud storage will always come in handy(For little files and so on )(Keeps the computer cleaner), I know in my college I get free office 365 and 1TB of cloud storage, so that's handy.

Advertisement